8-Speed ZF Transmission with Electronic Shift Lever for the JL Wrangler?

Grubbicon

What's funny about this logic is. With every new version of the wrangler it's leaps and bounds more capable than its predecessor.

So how again do they (chry/fiat) get further away from what people want? Which is a more capable wrangler.

They may get more capable as a stock rig. All though I have to say when it comes to some of us that like to go the custom aspect its getting much harder to get around all the electronics Jeeps have on them now adays.

NevadaZielmeister

Caught the Bug
Whatever you say. You seem to know an awful lot more about jeeps and wheeling now that your jeep is built so we can all believe you now. :thumb:

And that is a blog, not fact. Lol

Nahhh, I am still a newbie. Not acting like anything else, I just disagree with you on the percentage of owners who modify their Jeeps.

Here is another article, quoting the same source from Chrysler: http://articles.philly.com/2013-07-15/news/40571513_1_jeep-wrangler-suv-grand-cherokee

I figure Jim Repp knows more about vehicle development that both of us combined.

Ddays

Hooked
People who modify and people who wheel are two different things. I'd buy that over 50% of people modify their Jeeps, but that could be adding a non-stock steering stabilizer. People who actually wheel them are probably 1%.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Here is the quote: "The last time we did research, 85 percent of Wrangler owners reported going off-road."

My .02. Going off-road likely means leaving the pavement. That is a lot different than wheeling, and different still from building up a rig.

When I see that statistic, I think of this.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1466970922.873064.jpg

I suppose if you added up the members of all of the major jeep forums you might have a decent estimate of the number of people who modify their JK/JKU's. If you account for duplicate membership, you might be looking at about 100k people. That would put it at about 10% of 2007-2016 Jeep owners modifying their Jeeps.

TrainWreck618

Caught the Bug
There is no way 50% are getting wheeled.. I can guarantee you that over 50% of people will modify thanks to the incredible amount of aftermarket parts. It might be a lot different out west, but there are not many JK's hitting trails out here. Old Cherokee's seam to be the way of the land.

2nd.gunman

Caught the Bug
Yeah I've been looking for a second hand 2 door lately and 99% of what I'm seeing for sale is completely stock and only been on the beach once or have never seen dirt.

Top Bottom