Geoffro's driveway Jeep build

JeepJeep75

Looks good! Sidenote: I like your paint storage
thanks dude! I'm always looking for more ways to utilize the extremely limited space that I have to work with.

Door storage looks pretty good! Only unsolicited advice I have is to make sure the load bearing wall stud is really secure. The last thing you want is to come home to find your doors in a heap on the floor. I added re-enforcement brackets for piece of mind:

View attachment 256873

View attachment 256874
thats a good idea. I'm gonna pick something like that up tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

JeepJeep75

IMG_8532.jpg IMG_8531.jpg I just put my doors back on. The empty hangar bracket boards aren't terribly intrusive. I like how easy it is now for me to pull and replace the doors. No more trying to carefully set them down on their edge in the garage leaning against the wall. [emoji106] And, they are almost the same height as the jeep, so no awkward lifting and lowering. I'm taking this as a win!!

sipafz

Caught the Bug
thanks dude! I'm always looking for more ways to utilize the extremely limited space that I have to work with.

thats a good idea. I'm gonna pick something like that up tomorrow.

I only mention it because I had a hand in building our house and remember when the walls were built, the studs were attached to the headers and sills with two nails on each end. Definitely the weak link!

JeepJeep75

Don't want the doors falling on the vette!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using WAYALIFE mobile app
that would be an insurance claim for sure!

I only mention it because I had a hand in building our house and remember when the walls were built, the studs were attached to the headers and sills with two nails on each end. Definitely the weak link!
you're absolutely right. This is a sixties vintage house built with nails.

BaddestCross

JeepJeep75

build looks good Geoff! glad you decided to update it!

Thank you sir!! Yea, I've done all the "basic" lifting and tires and such. I think now it's just gonna be a bunch of random fun stuff involving actually living with, daily driving, and of course wheeling the jeep. Still waiting for the jeep to present its name to me. [emoji848]

JeepJeep75

Finished putting my DIY mirrors together today. The paint has had two days to dry so it was nice and easy to handle.
Drivers side: IMG_8538.jpg IMG_8540.jpg I found these plastic bushings from a previous project that fit the jeep hinges perfectly. IMG_8539.jpg I can tighten down the bolt pretty tight so it gives the mirror a nice firm hold, but can still be bumped or folded out of the way. [emoji106]
Passenger side: IMG_8541.jpg IMG_8544.jpg IMG_8543.jpg I took the jeep for a spin around the block. Mirrors are rock steady at 45. Should be good on the freeway too I hope. IMG_8547.jpg IMG_8546.jpg all in for the mirrors, $56. Love that!![emoji106]

JeepJeep75

Nice DIY protect... Great job! [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-N915P using WAYALIFE mobile app
Thank you sir!! [emoji112]

How did you bend the ends of the conduit?

Sent from my VS990 using WAYALIFE mobile app
I just used an adjustable crescent type wrench. Vicegrips or stout pliers would work also. The tricky part is hammering the ends flat without putting to many hammer marks in it.

Stotch

Caught the Bug
Those mirrors are pretty slick. I might have to steal that idea and make some of my own out of conduit. Good work :thumb:

JeepJeep75

Those mirrors are pretty slick. I might have to steal that idea and make some of my own out of conduit. Good work :thumb:
Thank you! No need to steal, just glad to share! [emoji2]

Nice work you are doing on your Jeep
Thank you!

Awesome job on the mirrors! Those should be nice and steady with the extra bracing too :thumb:
Thanks Eddie! The twin-tube bracing is solid. [emoji106]

JeepJeep75

So I'm spending the Memorial Day weekend at home. I am making the most of it though by turning this into a Jeepend! [emoji106] IMG_8789.jpg IMG_8791.jpg repainting my sliders. IMG_8793.jpg all finished! IMG_8795.jpg I'm not sure exactly how, but I managed to put a nice dent in my passenger side slider... IMG_8797.jpg I guess I wheel hard, Baurah! [emoji6]

So, on a more serious note, I was not pleased to find this: IMG_8785.jpg IMG_8786.jpg It looks like I cracked my plug-welds on the passenger side tube of my front axle. I was absolutely planning on upgrading to a ProRock44 housing in the future. I just wasn't expecting my axle to shit itself so soon though. It has less than 30k miles on it. I guess this is what I get for following dillard09 around through the rocks. [emoji849]

JeepJeep75

I've been really wanting to take my hardtop off the jeep for awhile now. I think I've finally figured out a way to do it. I have some criteria though.

1st, I need to be able to remove and replace the top on my own, without help.

2ed, the top needs to store on the side of my house, going through a gate, and squeezing down the sidewalk with only 29 inches of room between the wall and my shed.

So I've come up with a plan. Here's some super crude, not-to-scale plans I drew up. IMG_8799.jpg IMG_8798.jpg Today was a perfect day to be outside so I started cutting up some wood to start on the hardtop mounting board. IMG_8800.jpg this is the part that the top will attach to with some long bolts. IMG_8802.jpg There are still many more parts of this cart to build. I'm going to try to make it so I can break the cart down easily and store it flat against a wall. By the end of this week I should have it complete.

Top Bottom