iPad Mount in JK

mo0s3

Perfect - $20 mount on a $900 roll bar :) Maybe one day...

What's the secret?

I looked at some different ones and decided to weld it together myself . Super sturdy and out of the way. The next one I'm going to add a bit more of a angle to be more towards the driver side .

Gadget

Caught the Bug
For those that are using the iPad as a GPS, are you using the wifi only or the cellular enable iPad? If the wifi only how are you connecting it to satellites and what map app are you using? I have the wifi only mini and a bad elf antenna but I can't find an app that works even halfway decent. Just looking for a road map app.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

boardsurfer

For those that are using the iPad as a GPS, are you using the wifi only or the cellular enable iPad? If the wifi only how are you connecting it to satellites and what map app are you using? I have the wifi only mini and a bad elf antenna but I can't find an app that works even halfway decent. Just looking for a road map app.

You need the version with the cellular capability, but it doesnt need to have an active subscription. The models with 3G or 4G have the GPS receivers that will work without cell data. The wifi one will not do much of anything.

Desertman

I use the I pad mini with no SIM card installed for a GPS . Internet in the car is via mifi device so internet can be shared with my son and our phones. We live a connected life and as our cell service runs on towers used by the government tetra provider we have good coverage even in the desert.

Top Bottom