PROOF of the Fabled NEW Jeep Truck???

Ddays

Hooked
I think what everyone is missing is that based on the measurement in mm and the general tone of the write up, I believe this may be a European release. In that case, the cost would not be USD, but possibly in Euro or another currency.

Either that, or it is complete poorly written BS.

I think this smells like an internet article. The rest of the info past that mm comment all references imperial measurements and an mpg figure instead of litres, but still, I would like to know the source?

edit: I just re-read that article and it reads more like a translated Chinese instruction manual.

Last edited:

DP1120

Im excited to see what it will end up looking like. I feel it may be either great or horrible. Only time will tell.

TLife

I think what everyone is missing is that based on the measurement in mm and the general tone of the write up, I believe this may be a European release. In that case, the cost would not be USD, but possibly in Euro or another currency.

Either that, or it is complete poorly written BS.

It's total garbage, just as a small but glaring example of the wild inaccuracies: they're no longer producing 2016s. If you went to the dealer right now to place an order for a Wrangler it would be for a 2017.

From what I've read the pickup will be available early 2018 as a 2019 model. I'm not going to bother correcting the rest.

puravida

Light truck prices are high for a few reasons and the chicken tax is one of them.

The chicken tax is a 25% tariff on potato starch, dextrin, brandy, and light trucks imposed in 1963 by the United States under President Lyndon B. Johnson in response to tariffs placed by France and West Germany on importation of U.S. chicken.

The tax was supposed to protect domestic light truck sales but some say all it did was run up prices of ALL light trucks.

Overland_stormtrooper

Caught the Bug
I got sticker shock on a new 2 door for around 33,000. Dealer put on a lift and new tires and wheels and NOW asking close to 43,000! Hell, my 2011 went for 26,000 brand new. I can see the price point of this truck being higher. It would be nice to have one....but not that nice.

same here when I went down and looked back in march a new jkur was priced in the upper 30's lower 40's depending on options , I spent mid 40's for it lifted with the custom wheels /tires, winch , bumpers , and roof rack .. one I had looked at with a bigger lift outfitted by aev was up in the mid 80's with a stock front bumper .......

just read another article on msn that put the grand wagoneer at upwards of 130 k loaded out ....

JOHN73738

Looks like a 1500 Ram that they put a Wrangler body on. I'll pass. Take a JKU and make it 2 door with a bed and I'm in. Much like Resq1.

Top Bottom