Jeep JL Wrangler Order & Production Information

Serj5.7

Hey guys how's going .. again I'm new to this page so bear w me lol .. so still confused abut the buy for this coming up January .. I'm keep arching but not a single good answer been giving from jeep or Chrysler dealer !!!! Any one knows if they new Jl or the double cab ,, and if they will come w diesel v6 ??? And what would u guys say should I just get new 2017 wrangler jk and swap the engine w ls 5.3 and get it over with ???

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Hey guys how's going .. again I'm new to this page so bear w me lol .. so still confused abut the buy for this coming up January .. I'm keep arching but not a single good answer been giving from jeep or Chrysler dealer !!!! Any one knows if they new Jl or the double cab ,, and if they will come w diesel v6 ??? And what would u guys say should I just get new 2017 wrangler jk and swap the engine w ls 5.3 and get it over with ???

Why swap a perfectly good 3.6L for an LS, now, unless you are loaded with cash?

frenchjk

Caught the Bug
Don't know if you've seen this yet.

2018 Jeep Wrangler (JL) Official Dates, Engines/Transmissions and New Features

Thanks to a dealer source, here are the official dates and some confirmed features (so far) for the JL Wrangler.

July-August 2017: 2018 Wrangler Order Banks Open
September 2017: 2018 Wrangler Production Begins
September 1, 2017: 2018 Wrangler Press Launch
Early 2018: 2018 Wrangler Pickup (JT) Production Begins
Summer 2018: 2018 Model Year Production Ends

New Features (for North America):

New ZF 8 Speed Transmission
2.0L "Hurricane" Turbo Engine (with new 850RE transmission) (visual confirmation)
3.0L VM Diesel Engine (with new 8HP75 transmission)
3.6L Pentastar V6 Upgraded Engine (with new 850RE transmission)
New fourth-generation Uconnect 8.4" navigation system with Apple Carplay and Android Auto
Interchangeable soft / hard top
Power softtop
True 3-piece hardtop
Optional hardtop glass panel

looks like it has been delayed about 1-2 months......production should start in november.

puravida

Typically, Jeep debuts new models like the Wrangler in NY but rumor does have it that it may be shown in Detroit in 2017.

FCA still reeling from their $3B (?) bet on the Chrysler 200...everything is probably under review and being questioned.

Top Bottom