TEXAS: Locations & Wheeling Destinations Thread

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
been there no wheeling in it but it is right on the river .... for another spot right on the river that has a bit of off road for the drive in to camp is sulpher springs along the same route into the state park ...
I wanna go for the sights and hikes. Not so much for the jeep. But there is limited wheeling at a lot of places in this thread already. Just want to check it out and see the falls

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Overland_stormtrooper

Caught the Bug
ahhh I gotcha yea they are worth a look , best advice I can give for there is to reserve a site , when I went I didn't and was only able to stay the one night is also how I found out about the other sulpher springs camp up the road from it as the park ranger told me about it and suggested it even (was a bit surprised by that honestly ) ...... another spot for falls is Pedernales Falls state park ... went there quite a while back and enjoyed it been meaning to go back just haven't made it yet , but then theres a few of the S.P. I want to revisit since getting a much better camera....
I think the best time I had thus far at one would have to be a toss up between when I spent a few days in Martin Dies Jr or Palo Duro canyon , Martin Dies got to a bit of canoeing around the lake and paddle trail that they have and was peaceful and enjoyable , Palo Duro got in some good hikes , awesome night views , saw my first road runner , even though my last 2 days there it rained and flooded the road into the back part of the park it was a good trip overall .. my advice there is be sure to check the weather though as there was some folks who had to stay a few extra days waiting for the water to go down as it was up over 4' deep and moving quick across the road (park rangers wouldn't let anyone try to even drive across it ) ... was glad I had camped in the front as i had to leave when planned due to vacation being over with and didn't think it would go well calling the job saying i was trapped in by flood waters

Overland_stormtrooper

Caught the Bug
ok so I came across a couple things that might be of interest for some and while the first doesn't really do much for me I can see how it would for some others .... the first is a place called extremesandbox its up outside Dallas , remember when ya were younger and had the Tonka trucks and messed around doing all kinda things well this place is a adult sized sandbox and uses construction equipment and info can be found on their website https://www.extremesandbox.com/ .. kinda neat I thought and may be of interest to some ...
now the second is more my thing and I would wager quite a few might want to give this one a go .. this place is in south Texas in Uvalde on Ox Ranch ..........

we all like tanks don't we ????ok maybe not but how about blowing shit up??? now combine the two drive the tank and blow some shit up:eek: .. for those interested check them out here https://www.drivetanks.com/ ...... i didn't look at the prices so don't ask me but I'm sure it is something i wouldn't be able to do without saving for it for a good bit and by that i mean cause i would wanna blow up quite a bit ... and them rounds aren't cheap :doh::cheesy:

Jeep Reloaded

Padre Island National Seashore can be a really good place if you are into fishing and seeing just about every star in the sky. No technical obstacles just hard packed sand to deep loose sand.

I second this! Unless it's changed much in the last 35 years this was a very good place to camp and fish - especially during the week. We would stay on the beach near Yarborough Pass, which is a cut in the dunes several miles down. Great wade fishing on the bay side.

Overland_stormtrooper

Caught the Bug
So am thinking alot about runnin the Mojave road in early March or late May/early June if any you folks wanna join in and able let me know an i pass along the dates i am considering for both months

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:
Top Bottom