Why does Wayalife App need my location?

SAR JK

I'm far from a computer/phone wiz but I'm always puzzled why so many apps require my location. Why does Wayalife want to know where I am? What do you do with this information?

Lank

The reason why alot of larger apps enable that permission is to interface to the in-app advertisements so that they can localize which ones to show you. As suggested, some phones can selectively "allow access" but turn off services to individual apps.

Though personally, I like Krystian's reasoning better.

WJCO

Meme King
We will sell your location info to the Chinese so they can send out more flyers with info about all the Jeep parts they're making. You'll be fine, just go with it.

robx251

Caught the Bug
Probably not the real reason, but I'd like to see a map of members locations, not real time or tracking but of users location from profile. I think it would be interesting to see how spread out we really are.

Sent from my VS987 using WAYALIFE mobile app

SAR JK

The reason why alot of larger apps enable that permission is to interface to the in-app advertisements so that they can localize which ones to show you. As suggested, some phones can selectively "allow access" but turn off services to individual apps.

Though personally, I like Krystian's reasoning better.

Thanks Lank, that's the most logical reply.

There were some entertaining replies.

Eddie & Cindy, Your welcome to stop by any time. :thumb:

Top Bottom