Building Apocalypse

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Here's what Eddie said about them

Thoughts on sliders (EVO, LOD, RockHard)

"What I can tell you is that in addition to Shrockworks, PUREJEEP and ARB, I've installed and tested LoD rocker guards and thought they held up well. In fact, I ran them for a long time on two of my JK's before installing EVO. You should be able to see them in action on some of our older videos. That being said, you need to remember that unlike the TJ before which essentially had hockey pucks for body mounts, the JK has true body mounts as in, they're isolators and allow for a LOT more movement. They are in part what makes the JK ride nicer and with less road noise but the problem with this is that ANY frame mounted rocker guard can potentially make contact with the rocker panels as the tub physically moves up and down with big hits. The LoD does sit close enough to the panel that a really hard hit can cause it to make contact but not enough to do anything more than put small dent in it. Or, at least, that's what I had found but then, you'd have to judge for yourself just how hard I play. That's about as honestly as I can put it and with that said, I personally would still recommend the LoD sliders given what you're wanting."
http://wayalife.com/showpost.php?p=749256

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Jkjeeper57

IMG_20170424_203948408.jpg
Finally have something to update installed my bumper went with a lod signature series shorty, now time to save up for a winch. Options I'm looking getting​ m8000-s or the 9.5 cti-s.
Just worried the m8000 won't be enough and the price point of the 9.5 CTI will end my marriage. Welcome feedback or if anyone has modified there lod to accept a zeon?

WJCO

Meme King
Finally have something to update installed my bumper went with a lod signature series shorty, now time to save up for a winch. Options I'm looking getting​ m8000-s or the 9.5 cti-s.
Just worried the m8000 won't be enough and the price point of the 9.5 CTI will end my marriage. Welcome feedback or if anyone has modified there lod to accept a zeon?

Looks good. The wife has the LOD signature shorty with a Zeon. LOD makes 2 models: one the fits the Zeon and one that doesn't. We didn't have plans for a Zeon when we bought the bumper nor did we even know there were 2 different ones. We ended up finding out we had the non-Zeon bumper AFTER we purchased the winch. I just used a plasma cutter and cut off a very small section, it was easy actually, you could maybe even use a dremel or grinder. I'll post pics shortly.

Jkjeeper57

Looks good. The wife has the LOD signature shorty with a Zeon. LOD makes 2 models: one the fits the Zeon and one that doesn't. We didn't have plans for a Zeon when we bought the bumper nor did we even know there were 2 different ones. We ended up finding out we had the non-Zeon bumper AFTER we purchased the winch. I just used a plasma cutter and cut off a very small section, it was easy actually, you could maybe even use a dremel or grinder. I'll post pics shortly.
Got the none zeon as well. Just planned on a simple winch but after seeing prices I changed my mind pretty quick. Thought someone one here had modified there's to fit just wasn't sure who, pics would be a huge help.

WJCO

Meme King
Here's how we did it. As you can see it fits, but is tight. Bolt pattern seemed to line up fine.

DSC05081.jpg

DSC05082.jpg

DSC05083.jpg

DSC05084.jpg

DSC05087.jpg

DSC05088.jpg

DSC05089.jpg

Top Bottom