MOAB TRIP May 18 - June 2nd

It's official, I will be heading down Thursday after work for a 10:00-11:00 arrival. Going to be camping although not 100% sure on where just yet. I will have the wife and daughter with me so we plan on hitting a few trails and doing some hiking with perhaps a night run somewhere, planning to head back to Salt Lake around mid-day on Monday but I plan on coming back down the following Saturday through Monday solo so I can have a bit more fun. Not sure what trails yet but with the wife and daughter I plan on keeping it somewhat mild. Poison spider, 7 mile rim, something along those lines.

As an aside, this is my first time running with multiple rigs, at least on purpose anyway. Maybe you guys could offer some suggestions on anything I should keep in mind, or bring along?
I've got basic recovery stuff, tools, straps. No CB yet and still waiting on a winch.

The closer we get, the more jacked up I get for the trip. Its been too long since I was down there In a jeep.

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
It's official, I will be heading down Thursday after work for a 10:00-11:00 arrival. Going to be camping although not 100% sure on where just yet. I will have the wife and daughter with me so we plan on hitting a few trails and doing some hiking with perhaps a night run somewhere, planning to head back to Salt Lake around mid-day on Monday but I plan on coming back down the following Saturday through Monday solo so I can have a bit more fun. Not sure what trails yet but with the wife and daughter I plan on keeping it somewhat mild. Poison spider, 7 mile rim, something along those lines.

As an aside, this is my first time running with multiple rigs, at least on purpose anyway. Maybe you guys could offer some suggestions on anything I should keep in mind, or bring along?
I've got basic recovery stuff, tools, straps. No CB yet and still waiting on a winch.

The closer we get, the more jacked up I get for the trip. Its been too long since I was down there In a jeep.

A winch is always a good thing to have and therefore a great investment. My second day in Moab I had to use mine to flip a jeep back onto its wheels. Surprisingly there were very few people out there. Being self sufficient is always a plus. And make sure to take extra drinking water.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

JJK

I got to town today. I'm staying in the Salt Flats Rec area campground loop A. Pm me if anyone else is here yet.

JJK

I'm here now. I ran Poison Spyder, Golden Spike and Gold Bar Rim today. I saw Eddie this morning, but I'm not sure if he's still around. I'm going to Pm you my number.

Well there's another reason I need to give Eddie & Cindy a big thanks for this forum. Over the past couple days in Moab, I have met two great people that I would never have met or went Jeepin' with if it wasn't for this forum. Today, I wheeled with members ResurrectionJK & JJK. We ran Sevenmile Rim today and will be running Hell's Revenge tomorrow.

IMG_7934.jpg

Here are some pics from today:

We met up in the parking lot for the trail, aired down, and started up some steep, rocky switchbacks.

IMG_7873.jpg

As the trail continued, we saw some amazing scenery including the overlook to Hwy 191 & Uranium Arch.

IMG_7894.jpg
IMG_7899.jpg
IMG_7891.jpg
IMG_7908.jpg
IMG_7909.jpg
IMG_7910.jpg

Here's a snapshot of ResurrectionJK's awesome 2014 4 door. She's sitting on a 2.5" lift & 35's.

IMG_7881.jpg

And here's a snapshot of JJK's awesome 2014 4 door on Dynatrac's, 40's, Evo long arms, Evo bumpers, and Evo bolt on King coilovers.

IMG_7879.jpg

As the trail continued, we passed the two large Butte's. We continued over the extremely tippy section and went to wipeout hill. Only JJK attempted Wipeout Hill and mastered it!

IMG_7915.jpg
IMG_7929.jpg
IMG_7939.jpg
IMG_7945.jpg
IMG_7956.jpg
IMG_7936.jpg

Overall, an amazing day!

IMG_7937.jpg
IMG_7934.jpg
IMG_7938.jpg

Napalm

Well there's another reason I need to give Eddie & Cindy a big thanks for this forum. Over the past couple days in Moab, I have met two great people that I would never have met or went Jeepin' with if it wasn't for this forum. Today, I wheeled with members ResurrectionJK & JJK. We ran Sevenmile Rim today and will be running Hell's Revenge tomorrow.

View attachment 259524

Here are some pics from today:

We met up in the parking lot for the trail, aired down, and started up some steep, rocky switchbacks.

View attachment 259523

As the trail continued, we saw some amazing scenery including the overlook to Hwy 191 & Uranium Arch.

View attachment 259527
View attachment 259528
View attachment 259529
View attachment 259537
View attachment 259546
View attachment 259547

Here's a snapshot of ResurrectionJK's awesome 2014 4 door. She's sitting on a 2.5" lift & 35's.

View attachment 259530

And here's a snapshot of JJK's awesome 2014 4 door on Dynatrac's, 40's, Evo long arms, Evo bumpers, and Evo bolt on King coilovers.

View attachment 259535

As the trail continued, we passed the two large Butte's. We continued over the extremely tippy section and went to wipeout hill. Only JJK attempted Wipeout Hill and mastered it!

View attachment 259536
View attachment 259538
View attachment 259539
View attachment 259540
View attachment 259541
View attachment 259542

Overall, an amazing day!

View attachment 259543
View attachment 259524
View attachment 259545

Nice photos. Thanks for sharing!

Overland_stormtrooper

Caught the Bug
awesome shots .. know you guys are loving it .. made it out there last year for a few days and enjoyed myself ... will for sure be going back out there next year mid march unless I wind up going for the Mojave road ...

Top Bottom