Yachts to Kayaks. Boating thread.

Wethy

Heres an interesting boat for everyone. Part seadoo part boat. Ha ha we call it the boat-doo. It has a 30 horse johnson on the back of it. It flys along the water!
FB_IMG_1495546326819.jpg

Wethy

That is bad ass.
Ha ha thanks. Its quite the machine thats for sure. Made in the mid 90s in British Columbia from whay ive found in my research. And we paid 800 for the boat and the trailer. I figured worst came to worst the trailer and motor i could sell foe more than that if i didnt like it. But i love it. And it draws quite the attention when out on the water!

Sahara_Maverick

Anybody got a recommendation on a rack for a soft top that could handle a 14' aluminum canoe? I know what's out there, but I'm hoping for some real world stories. I have a Yakima rack off my old explorer that I'd like to reuse if possible. Maybe a cheap trailer?

Sent from my duck blind.
Kongo Rack. I have one on my JKU that I use for my two-seater kayak. It would easily handle it.

I'll post a photo later.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using WAYALIFE mobile app

RUBEERCON

Powell always looks cool on YouTube.

Just got my boat Coast Guard certified and had to name it. We're on grand lake, Ok. and my wife is from StLouis. She got her way with the name and I got the go ahead to build my sound system! Ready for the 4th!!
IMG_3523.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Kaylinator

IMG_20170612_174047.jpg
Recently picked up this guy. I'm a canoe instructor, but thought I'd pick up a kayak. Not sure if I'm going to hang on to this one or not. It's long and fast, but no good for fishing, nor is it good for whitewater. I think I'll give it a few weeks and see how I like it. I'd at least like the chance to find out if I can Eskimo roll something this big.

🇨🇦 eh?

Sharkey

Word Ninja
If your hip snap is good the extra length shouldn't cause any problems with your roll. A bunch of extra width can make things a little more interesting though, especially in rough water.

scull20

Just repainted the outside. For 20 years old it's really in great shape, especially for how much we use it. Currently off to get some motor work done, then back in the water!

IMG_3183.jpg

IMG_3182.jpg

Kaylinator

Looks like a sit-on type?
Nope. Wilderness Systems Tsunami 145. I actually scored it for free because I'm friends with the local distributor. It show up bent so he was told to toss it. Instead, took a heat gun to it and bent it back into shape. Can't even tell it was ever damaged.

🇨🇦 eh?

Brute

Hooked
Powell always looks cool on YouTube.

Just got my boat Coast Guard certified and had to name it. We're on grand lake, Ok. and my wife is from StLouis. She got her way with the name and I got the go ahead to build my sound system! Ready for the 4th!!
View attachment 263632

I named my 1st boat 40 years ago the Lolo Dolo...after my sister Dolores...lolo in Hawaiian means stupid...she wasn't too thrilled with the idea

Jacalore

Nope. Wilderness Systems Tsunami 145. I actually scored it for free because I'm friends with the local distributor. It show up bent so he was told to toss it. Instead, took a heat gun to it and bent it back into shape. Can't even tell it was ever damaged.

🇨🇦 eh?
Nice score!

Top Bottom