JSpecs Join Forces!

Red Knight15

Caught the Bug
How well does the 3.5" Springs hold up to a heavy loaded JKU? When we go on vacation 90% of the time we are in the Jeep with at least 3 people, luggage , coolers, etc.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

3dpilot

I've only had mine for a couple of months and the springs are holding up really well. I'm pretty loaded with metal bumper/winch, metal rear bumper, 37" on a carrier, etc. and the jeep sits level, no sag on the springs.

When I didn't have the bumper/tire carrier on, the rear was definitely higher.

Sent from my SM-G920P using WAYALIFE mobile app

agr1144

I got mine on and just about finished up. Although I'm not real happy with the front brake lines as jks says they should be. Seem too short. I used the drop brackets and bent the hard lines away from the frame above the mount. I have not bent the larger hard line below the mount yet. Seems a little hard to bend by hand as they say, but maybe I'm a wuss, but I didn't want to f things up either. Did anyone do something different than what was provided with the kit? Or does it seem to work ok? I do see a front driveshaft in my near future though. IMG_0066.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

GraniteCrystal

I got mine on and just about finished up. Although I'm not real happy with the front brake lines as jks says they should be. Seem too short. I used the drop brackets and bent the hard lines away from the frame above the mount. I have not bent the larger hard line below the mount yet. Seems a little hard to bend by hand as they say, but maybe I'm a wuss, but I didn't want to f things up either. Did anyone do something different than what was provided with the kit? Or does it seem to work ok? I do see a front driveshaft in my near future though. View attachment 256006

Yeah, that brake line is a pain to bend by hand. It can be done though. I'll go grab a pic of mine later tonight and you can see how mine are routed. No tension at flex.

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
I got mine on and just about finished up. Although I'm not real happy with the front brake lines as jks says they should be. Seem too short. I used the drop brackets and bent the hard lines away from the frame above the mount. I have not bent the larger hard line below the mount yet. Seems a little hard to bend by hand as they say, but maybe I'm a wuss, but I didn't want to f things up either. Did anyone do something different than what was provided with the kit? Or does it seem to work ok? I do see a front driveshaft in my near future though. View attachment 256006

It'll bend and it'll be long enough on full flex but barely. But I just ditched those drop brackets and went to extended stainless lines.

agr1144

Yeah, that brake line is a pain to bend by hand. It can be done though. I'll go grab a pic of mine later tonight and you can see how mine are routed. No tension at flex.

I feel like I've seen a brake line tool for making bends before but still, that lower line seems pretty stout. I would like to see what you did. Thanks

GraniteCrystal

I feel like I've seen a brake line tool for making bends before but still, that lower line seems pretty stout. I would like to see what you did. Thanks

Here are a few pics

IMG_20170429_112406.jpg

IMG_20170429_112418.jpg

IMG_20170429_112435.jpg

Trail Jeeps does a lot of these and they said they usually just remove the brake line mount on the lower shock bracket to get enough extension so that's another option.

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
Here are a few pics

View attachment 256051

View attachment 256052

View attachment 256053

Trail Jeeps does a lot of these and they said they usually just remove the brake line mount on the lower shock bracket to get enough extension so that's another option.

I wonder how they do that? It seems like that line was in there pretty solid. But I also didn't spend much time looking at it since it was just getting removed.

Top Bottom