The Building of the Banana Jeep

rumblebee3

Caught the Bug
The trails down there get extremely slick when wet. I've wheeled down there in the rain and it's no fun at all. I'm just praying the weather forecast changes before then... it does every time it's forecasted to be a nice day :crazyeyes:
yeah I've been down there in the rain and it sucks! Yeah it seems like the forecast is always changing up there and you can never tell what it's going to do. When I was there for the New Year's hangover run I stayed on the very very edge of the bottoms, way away from where the waterline had been and warned my buddy not to go out in the middle of there and what happened, I sunk halfway down on my front tires! Ooops.....

Sent from my XT1585 using WAYALIFE mobile app

BananaJeep

Caught the Bug
yeah I've been down there in the rain and it sucks! Yeah it seems like the forecast is always changing up there and you can never tell what it's going to do. When I was there for the New Year's hangover run I stayed on the very very edge of the bottoms, way away from where the waterline had been and warned my buddy not to go out in the middle of there and what happened, I sunk halfway down on my front tires! Ooops.....

I've got a picture somewhere out there a few months after I bought my Jeep, I went too far out there and all of a sudden I felt my entire Jeep start to sink. I think everyone who goes to Tuttle has to get stuck out there at least once :D

rumblebee3

Caught the Bug
Oh yeah. And it's an unmistakable feeling too LOL you just have this sudden feeling of o'shit what have I done! I would like to see that picture! Somebody told us the week before The Hangover run somebody drove their Jeep out on the edge back in the corner and ended up driving more less into the lake where it was supposedly dry and some clay down. I guess they had to leave it there for a couple weeks to get it out. 😬

BananaJeep

Caught the Bug
Oh yeah. And it's an unmistakable feeling too LOL you just have this sudden feeling of o'shit what have I done! I would like to see that picture! Somebody told us the week before The Hangover run somebody drove their Jeep out on the edge back in the corner and ended up driving more less into the lake where it was supposedly dry and some clay down. I guess they had to leave it there for a couple weeks to get it out. 😬

Yeah I've seen plenty of abandoned rigs down there. Not too long ago there was a story posted about a guy who got his Jeep buried WAY out there, and didn't have anyone with him. He ended up having to stay the night in his JKU with his dog, and walk into town the next day to call for help. Crazy to go out there.... even crazier to go out there alone.

rumblebee3

Caught the Bug
Yeah I've seen plenty of abandoned rigs down there. Not too long ago there was a story posted about a guy who got his Jeep buried WAY out there, and didn't have anyone with him. He ended up having to stay the night in his JKU with his dog, and walk into town the next day to call for help. Crazy to go out there.... even crazier to go out there alone.

Yes that's the story I'm talking about!!!! I don't I don't know what the hell would possess someone to drive way out there but he did it! He's lucky he didn't freeze to death cuz the way I heard it it was really low temperatures. I've gone up there alone before but there were other people there. And I pretty much just cruised around the park just because it was my first or second time. Not a smart idea I know but I was smart enough to stay away from the water!

BananaJeep

Caught the Bug
Well... Metalcloak has free shipping today so I ordered some 6" flares for the fenders. If I dont like the 6, I have a buddy who will trade me for his 4" flares.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

BananaJeep

Caught the Bug
Some pics from the weekend... really great trip. Found a little body damage after I got home, though. :grayno:

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
Yea, the closest off-road for me is Badlands off road park in IN, same about 2 hr away. It's not the same as going for a nice scenic trail run though [emoji20]

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

buckweil

The JKS ones are decent. BUT, it's inexpensive to do a DIY quick disco - all you do is replace the bottom bolt with a stud with a hole for a pin to go through on the one end. If I had to do it all again that's what I would have done.
Heard those don't last long. I'll just go with JKS :)

Sent from my SM-G920P using WAYALIFE mobile app

BananaJeep

Caught the Bug
A little video on the ledges..... my buddy Jared uploaded this video, said he had to cut the middle section out because of some GoPro app he used to edit it.

None the less.... I still think it's a cool video :)

Top Bottom