Anyone have the LOD Destroyer Rear Bumper w/ Tire Carrier?

Leeboy03

No they aren't bad, just not great. You can kinda see the jagged edges the the undercutting leaves in the second pic.

I really like the bumper but was a little disappointed when I saw the welds. But it's just cosmetics. I guess me being a welder doesn't help. Plus I'm just picky as hell anyways.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Cbach1987

Finished installing mine on Sunday. Ordered it day after Thanksgiving and took about 5 weeks with holidays and such (the wait is killer). Being my first bumper install it took me way longer than it should have with some hiccups that were my fault. It is super solid, powder coat looks good and holds my 37" STT Pro no problem. I have a slight rattle I am working on getting rid of. Called LoD and they were very helpful. I will be ordering their front stubby stinger Destroyer and probably their sliders now because of how much I love this thing.

Attachments

• rsz_lod_destroyer.jpg
    rsz_lod_destroyer.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 476

GraniteCrystal

Finished installing mine on Sunday. Ordered it day after Thanksgiving and took about 5 weeks with holidays and such (the wait is killer). Being my first bumper install it took me way longer than it should have with some hiccups that were my fault. It is super solid, powder coat looks good and holds my 37" STT Pro no problem. I have a slight rattle I am working on getting rid of. Called LoD and they were very helpful. I will be ordering their front stubby stinger Destroyer and probably their sliders now because of how much I love this thing.
Looks awesome. Throw up more pics 👍

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy

That looks really good. Is that the powder coating option they offer on their website?

Rubicon310

Looks great! Mine is on its way now. Fed Ex says it should arrive Monday. That would be exactly 6 weeks since I ordered mine.

Any chance you could post a pic of the rear door handle and how close it is to the tire? I plan to run the exact same tire and wanted to get an idea on the handle spacing.

Cbach1987

Looks awesome. Throw up more pics ��

It is dark when I get off work but I plan to take a bunch of pictures with it and will post them for sure!

That looks really good. Is that the powder coating option they offer on their website?

Yup it was worth the money to me to have them do it. Shipped without issues. They package really well over at LoD.

Looks great! Mine is on its way now. Fed Ex says it should arrive Monday. That would be exactly 6 weeks since I ordered mine.

Any chance you could post a pic of the rear door handle and how close it is to the tire? I plan to run the exact same tire and wanted to get an idea on the handle spacing.

Yup when I get off work I will snap one for you :thumb:

Install Help?

When 100% properly installed there should be no rattles! ;) If you're still experiencing a rattle let us know where it's coming from, during what conditions, and you could even send pictures or video if you would like :) We want to help you install this product in the best way possible!

Cbach1987: In one of your pictures it looks like the carrier body may be tilted slightly away from the body of the vehicle instead of toward it. This may be where your jingles are coming from. That little zinc coated plate (looks yellow) must be far enough out that it presses onto the rod (or loop) that goes into the opening. Also you may want to adjust the top rubber puck (slightly inward) and then use the thumb screw (on the the release latch) to adjust it in until it presses on the puck again.

Last edited:

Cbach1987

LōD Offroad;828475 said:
When 100% properly installed there should be no rattles! ;) If you're still experiencing a rattle let us know where it's coming from, during what conditions, and you could even send pictures or video if you would like :) We want to help you install this product in the best way possible!

Cbach1987: In one of your pictures it looks like the carrier body may be tilted slightly away from the body of the vehicle instead of toward it. This may be where your jingles are coming from. That little zinc coated plate (looks yellow) must be far enough out that it presses onto the rod (or loop) that goes into the opening. Also you may want to adjust the top rubber puck (slightly inward) and then use the thumb screw (on the the release latch) to adjust it in until it presses on the puck again.

Yes I have been tweaking it little by little. It rattles less than it did before. It seems it is still from the latch plate from what I can tell. It is mostly when I am driving over bad roads that are sort of wash boarded that it rattles. I have the yellow latch plate all the way out and the latch presses into the plate about 7" before the door is closed. I will try and move the top rubber puck in and adjust the thumb screw on the release latch to pull it in a bit more. As far as it looking like it is leaning out, I used a level and everything says it is level. I don't think it is tilted toward it but level. Maybe that is the issue then. I will try to get closer pictures and video this weekend if possible and hopefully that will help diagnose it better.

Thanks for responding!

Install Help Pt.2

Hey, we're here to help! The yellow plate may not need to be all the way out, if it is out that far, your carrier arm may not be close enough. The carrier arm plate DOES need to be slightly tilted towards the vehicle as stated in the instructions. Just having it level may not allow enough pressure by the guide rod on the yellow plate. Keep tinkering! :cool:

Yes I have been tweaking it little by little. It rattles less than it did before. It seems it is still from the latch plate from what I can tell. It is mostly when I am driving over bad roads that are sort of wash boarded that it rattles. I have the yellow latch plate all the way out and the latch presses into the plate about 7" before the door is closed. I will try and move the top rubber puck in and adjust the thumb screw on the release latch to pull it in a bit more. As far as it looking like it is leaning out, I used a level and everything says it is level. I don't think it is tilted toward it but level. Maybe that is the issue then. I will try to get closer pictures and video this weekend if possible and hopefully that will help diagnose it better.

Thanks for responding!

Cbach1987

LōD Offroad;828495 said:
Hey, we're here to help! The yellow plate may not need to be all the way out, if it is out that far, your carrier arm may not be close enough. The carrier arm plate DOES need to be slightly tilted towards the vehicle as stated in the instructions. Just having it level may not allow enough pressure by the guide rod on the yellow plate. Keep tinkering! :cool:

That just might be my main source of issue then. I will try to go back and re-level the bumper slightly tilted toward the body a bit more and then re adjust.
You guys have been super helpful!
Thanks!

Cbach1987

Just saw these, thanks for the additional pictures! :thumb:

No problem! Once it gets warmer and I get things adjusted again I will try to take some better close ups of a few different angles to help people see how things line up.

Edwrds

Caught the Bug
IMG_3098.jpg
I just started my install last night! Ive been working way to many hours couldn't even get to it. Took awhile to get it level. I'll post more pic's when I can. I messed up my oil seal so I have to find one today [emoji35]

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Love the black on white, we need to get a white test vehicle :rock: If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, feel free to contact us, we'd be more than glad to help!

View attachment 238559
I just started my install last night! Ive been working way to many hours couldn't even get to it. Took awhile to get it level. I'll post more pic's when I can. I messed up my oil seal so I have to find one today [emoji35]

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom