Welder in the Reno/Sparks area

Sharkey

Word Ninja
I wouldn't go to Highrolling Customs. Pretty sure they are the ones that fucked up my buddy's c-gussets and charged him a mint to do it.

SilverBack775

Sorry to hear about your bad experience. Adam is the owner at highrollin customs. He has been around Reno a long time. He was a mechanic at Donny's fourwheel drive back in the day, and Donny sold and moved. So Adam started up his own shop. They do everything there, specializing in Diesel trucks and Jeeps and fabrication of all sorts. I know Adam personally and he's been awesome. He has helped me so much and given me advice and fixed a lot of stuff for me at no charge at all. I wouldn't go to anyone else around Reno/Sparks. If you go there, talk to Adam or Joe. Joe is his main mechanic who also races his own jeep in king of the Hammers I believe. Just my opinion anyway! Best of luck!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Sharkey

Word Ninja
^ I've been around here a long time too, and I remember Donny's very well (along with Folbeck, Yuill Bros. and another shop on Rock Blvd. whose name escapes me right now). In any event, instead of just welding the contact points on the C-gussets, they took a sledge to the gussets and beat the crap out of them so they could weld all the way around. The end result is not only ugly, but it may have actually weakened the gussets. On top of that, my buddy got charged a ton of shop time for all of the "extra" work done to reform the C-gussets. My buddy didn't know any better, and I felt bad because I'm the one who recommended that he go there in the first place.

SilverBack775

^ I've been around here a long time too, and I remember Donny's very well (along with Folbeck, Yuill Bros. and another shop on Rock Blvd. whose name escapes me right now). In any event, instead of just welding the contact points on the C-gussets, they took a sledge to the gussets and beat the crap out of them so they could weld all the way around. The end result is not only ugly, but it may have actually weakened the gussets. On top of that, my buddy got charged a ton of shop time for all of the "extra" work done to reform the C-gussets. My buddy didn't know any better, and I felt bad because I'm the one who recommended that he go there in the first place.

Oh gotcha! Well then that sucks. I don't know what to say now. Maybe he should go back there and chew some ass! I would!

Sharkey

Word Ninja
What's done is done. It was more than a year ago but I wanted people who search out this thread to know of the experience so they can make their own decision regarding where to go for work.

PERS JK

I also talked to Dennis at Reno 4x4 garage and got a good feeling from him. As a side note, I went to Adams when he was on Marietta and felt they had an elitist attitude. If you weren't going big lift and big tires they didn't really want to talk to you. Never impressed with Donny's when it was open. A few new trucks they lifted for dealerships had brake extension brackets zip tied to a-arms and things like that.

Top Bottom