2002 Tj new clinking noise after replacing Clutch and Master Cylinder and Slave.. Hel

Mac2011JKU

So I personally just finished replacing the Master Cylinder and Slave, Clutch, and Clutch Release Bearing. After driving it for no more that 20 miles there is a predominant chattering noise coming from the Bell Housing as well as a smell. I didn't leave it on long enough to tell if it was the smell of the clutch. Vehicle drove fine for the 20 miles. I plan on dropping the transmission again and figuring it out. I am just not sure what to look for!!! This is the first time I have ever done this job so if anyone has any links, videos or Ideas please let me know!!!!

NOTE: the reason for replacing everything was due to a noise that I found out later being the Clutch Release Bearing clip snapped and the Spring Clutch Lever That the previous owner never reinstalled was missing which most people don't know it exists.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

kep01

Throw out bearing, I went through 2 new ones before I got a good one. Make sure it's all steel not a plastic housing with steel insert.

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6560 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom