Evolving? New JKU Build thread!

132JKPNW

IMG_3742.JPG IMG_3748.JPG IMG_3744.JPG
This happened! Upgraded from 35" MTR/k to 37" KO2's. The drivability is 100 times better now, I couldn't believe the difference. Very happy with this purchase. The last photo shows the comparison between the two sizes...not much but exactly what I was looking for in my current setup (2" AEV kit). Hasn't rubbed yet, and won't even touch dirt until September. Not ideal, but works for me for now until the build is complete. Actual tire size at 30psi cold is a hair over 35 1/4. Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

132JKPNW

First coat of Lizard Skin applied. Took most of the weekend to prep. Happy to finally be putting the coating on. One more coat in an hour, then using rustoleam bedliner for a little bit of extra protection.
IMG_3822.JPG

WJCO

Meme King
Looks good. Anxious to see it all done. FYI, I know it's too late now, but you can also use those little orange ear plugs to plug the bolt holes. Really fast. We may do ours this year as well. Did you spray it?

132JKPNW

I just used tin foil for the bolt holes but I guarantee ear plugs would save time and worked better, just didn't have them laying around. I bought the whole kit from Lizard Skin for my last jeep including the spray gun. Doing the entire first layer with that gun took me about 20 minutes. It works really well and cleanup is super easy. Although this time around I can't find my mil gauge so hopefully I'm layering properly haha. Apparently no auto shop or home store carries it just FYI.

132JKPNW

IMG_3832.JPG IMG_3833.JPG IMG_3834.JPG IMG_3837.JPG
Almost all back together. Was able to drive it today to work. Just need to add the rear seat, softop, and carpet back in the passenger areas. Just FYI, the jeep stinks of paint and if I remember correctly, it took a good month or so for the smell to go away. Luckily, it's topless weather so it's a non issue right now. And if anyone is wondering, this took one two gallon bucket of Lizard Skin for a proper 40mil coat. Also used 4 cans of rustoleam bed liner per coat, about ten sanding blocks, lots of automotive tape, rubbing alchohol, and lots of plastic. Took about two days of prep to include removing everything, sanding, cleaning, and taping and applying the first coat after prep. Waiting 2 hours before coat two (with a large dehumidifier) and applied the second coat all on the second day. Waited 24 hours and then started the bedliner. After 24 hours removed all the tape and put it back together. Lots of labor work but fairly cheap. Cost me a total of about $250 with already owning the proper spray gun. Hope this helps anyone looking for another option!

BananaJeep

Caught the Bug
When I bedlined my interior the smell was pretty bad for a week, and after that it went away unless the Jeep was parked for a few days with the top/doors on. I got smart and started leaving the doors off when I parked it in my garage. After about a month I didn't smell it at all.

It looks great, good work :thumb:

WJCO

Meme King
The bedliner smell in the WJ lasted about 3 weeks but that was with the windows rolled up. The deck on the JK was left in the garage for a couple days and the smell in the vehicle only lasted a day after that.

Good work. Looks great.

132JKPNW

New bumper arrived yesterday. Got the frame chopped, bumper painted and mounted. Still have to paint the CC winch fair lead then mount up the winch. Also I'm still waiting for my vacuum pump relocation kit, even tho I might just make my own brackets and get some new wires. Here's a few pictures. IMG_3927.JPG IMG_3925.JPG IMG_3930.JPG IMG_3929.JPG

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Bed lining came out great! Can't say I'm a big fan of chopping the frame rails or the manufacturer of your bumper but the end results came out nice.

Top Bottom