Hearing a noise only when DEECCELERATING

GatorSchop

Hey Y'all,

I am having a noise that is increasingly getting louder of the past couple of weeks and I cannot seem to find the noise.

I do not feel any vibrations so far. But I only hear the noise when I slow down from any speed.

Any help on the situation is greatly appreciated.

black pearl

Hooked
Hey Y'all,

I am having a noise that is increasingly getting louder of the past couple of weeks and I cannot seem to find the noise.

I do not feel any vibrations so far. But I only hear the noise when I slow down from any speed.

Any help on the situation is greatly appreciated.

What kind of noise? Metallic rattling?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
My wj did that after the lift. If I removed the front drive shaft, the noise went away. As i drove the vehicle more, the noise lessened. Never did find the cause but I think it was the way the new angle wore. It slowly went away. I would recommend removing the front drive shaft just to see if it's related to that.

GatorSchop

My wj did that after the lift. If I removed the front drive shaft, the noise went away. As i drove the vehicle more, the noise lessened. Never did find the cause but I think it was the way the new angle wore. It slowly went away. I would recommend removing the front drive shaft just to see if it's related to that.

I have had the lift for 4 years now though. Might be time to use this as an excuse for a new lift.

-Gator

My build thread:
ThatAmericanXJ Build

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?ur...&share_tid=37699&share_fid=59401&share_type=t

T.McD

when you did the lift, did you put a cv shaft into the front, it maybe the cv joint, centering ball going out. other thing is the front axle gears going out due to a bad bearing in the carrier.....

can you give any other info, like does it seem to come from the drivers or passengers side more...

GatorSchop

when you did the lift, did you put a cv shaft into the front, it maybe the cv joint, centering ball going out. other thing is the front axle gears going out due to a bad bearing in the carrier.....

can you give any other info, like does it seem to come from the drivers or passengers side more...

No cv driveshaft. But I think it is coming out of the front dif. I was checking it this weekend and after putting it into 4H and trying to rotate the driveshaft I got just a tit hair of give and I think that might be the problem. Also noticed a small leak coming out of the pumpkin in the rear where the driveshaft meets the dif. Could be the start of blown seal. If it is then I guess I am upgrading to a D44 sooner than I planned. I was just trying to have the D30 last as long as possible so I could save up some money for a summer build.

-Gator
Instagram: american_cherokee

My build thread:
ThatAmericanXJ Build

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?ur...&share_tid=37699&share_fid=59401&share_type=t

Gadget

Caught the Bug
I had a pinion bearing do something similar, during the replacement I just went ahead and had all the bearings, seals replaced in both axles.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom