My TJ build (Patzy)

buckweil

Patzy comes back from the shop today and I couldn't be more excited! I can't wait to fire her up with her new headers!! 😁😁

buckweil

I'm interested to see how the headers sound! I recently swapped my cracked manifold out for a Crown (stock) manifold.
I will try to figure out modern technology and post a video lol. It's a nice sound not as loud as I thought but definitely sounds good. I'm running banks headers and an MBRP cat back.

buckweil

For all you folks who care, I have reached a huge milestone in my life as I have graduated highschool!! Just thought I'd pass it on to this amazing community! You guys seriously helped me make it through senior year! 😂😂

PT1400

There's a descent change going to the header. When I finally got tired of my 97 exhaust being blown out I did it all. Banks header and Monster exhaust with a Magnaflow midpipe and high flow cat. The big difference is in the torque. I'm pulling hills a gear higher than before and now I can hardly tell my little home built camp trailer is there around town!

buckweil

My headers blew as well, you like the banks one? Any noticeable difference?
There is definitely a difference I've only had it on for a few days now but it is 100 times better than a cracked manifold. It is actually a more quiet sound now. I can tell it pulls a bit better and the gas mileage is a little better but it's a Jeep so it still sucks lol

buckweil

Wow it has been awhile. Sorry guys. But good news! I got my sway bar disconnected! The bolt ended up being so rusted that we couldn't get the nut to budge. Of course I had to test out the flex on our odd concrete ball in our yard! 20170724_113223.jpg 20170724_113228.jpg 20170724_113240.jpg IMG_17661.jpeg IMG_17641.jpeg IMG_17601.jpeg

PT1400

There's a secret to getting rusty bolts loose. PB Blaster. Don't get the knock off version. Spray it, walk away, come back 30-60 minutes later, and everything comes loose.

buckweil

There's a secret to getting rusty bolts loose. PB Blaster. Don't get the knock off version. Spray it, walk away, come back 30-60 minutes later, and everything comes loose.
Trust me, me and bananajeep sprayed the shit out of them to no prevail. Hack saw and a dremel works just as good. One of the bolts you couldn't even see the threads on. Oops.

Next time you run into issues grab one of those cheap propane torches from any home improvement store. Propane doesn't burn that hot but keep the heat on and thoroughly spread it around for a few minutes. Then spray with pb blaster. Repeat til it's loose.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

BananaJeep

Caught the Bug
I had a 3' breaker bar, air impact, electric impact, and a half can of PB blaster and those suckers wouldn't budge. Glad you got them off though, and not in my garage. I hate cutting shit in my garage :thumb:

buckweil

I had a 3' breaker bar, air impact, electric impact, and a half can of PB blaster and those suckers wouldn't budge. Glad you got them off though, and not in my garage. I hate cutting shit in my garage :thumb:
Really appreciate your help with it all. Kinda wish you were there to help again so you could operate the hacksaw [emoji12]

buckweil

Sorry just kidding I'm not sorry I'm just really really happy she can finally flex. Can't wait for September to take her out on trails! 20170727_133905.jpg 20170727_133850.jpg 20170727_133856.jpg

Samuelh3

Caught the Bug
Nice TJ. My daughter is a JR in college and just got one. I've been lucky so far working on it. It's got rust like nobody's business. PB blaster works like a charm. I haven't had to take a torch to anything...yet.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom