DIY Beadlocks

jesse3638

Hooked
Sounds dangerous. And this is coming from a guy with beadlocks.

Sent from my BNTV600 using WAYALIFE mobile app
^^^This^^^ Beadlocks need to be precise and even then there are some which leak or don't seat right. I've heard of a company which can convert most standard wheel into bead locks but even then it sounds sketchy. Just save and buy manufactured ones from a reputable wheel company.

Sent from my 831C using WAYALIFE mobile app

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Has anyone done the DIY beadlock kits you can buy? Just wondering how easy of install or quality they are? Thanks

Sent from my SM-G935P using WAYALIFE mobile app

I was looking at this route before I bought my chamber pros. Since I can't weld I asked my buddy and for liability reasons he wouldn't do it. He said cause of road use its super sketchy and he is a great welder. He didn't trust the metal holding up and suggested I only use it for the trails.

ob_tj

I also looked into this. It is not the safest thing to do for road use. Now if you are going to trailer your jeep to and from the trail I guess I could see someone doing the DIY kits.

jeeeep

Hooked
x2 on DIY beadlocks for trail use only and you can use a steel wheel.

I have seen the welds break, saw it happened on one of our trail gunners jeep a couple of years ago at EJS, he had a welder and was able to beat it into place and weld it up.

I asked him about them and he said he trailers his jeep and puts on a different set of wheels for DD

forgot to add he also ran tires with a stiffer sidewall since they tend to leak and his rig was light enough he could run basically run them with no air

Top Bottom