Max backspace for prorock 60's

rockwell

I've been saving up for a pr44/60 combo for awhile then Dynatrac comes out with their combo packages and the 60/60 combo is hard to resist. The 60/60 is more than I need, but you get so much more for the extra $1500 and I'm trying to convince myself to go for it. The biggest issue is the additional width. The fender laws say they tires have to be covered but you can usually get away with an inch or so exposed.

I'll be running 37's and want to stick to standard width flares. I like the 8 lug Hutchinsons and they are available with a 5.28 backspace. My question is:
Will the 5.28 backspace wheels clear the PR60 steering arms and will it be enough backspace that 37's won't rub?
I searched and couldn't find a good answer or any pictures that showed how they fit under the fenders.

GraniteCrystal

5.28 sounds like a lot of backspacing but if those axles are wider than stock axles, then you might be OK.

As far as fenders, I say design your fenders around you drive train, wheel, tires, etc and not the other way around. Worst case, save for some aftermarket ones that are wider. When on the trail, you'll care more about those other components than how your fenders look.

tgoss

with the 60 being roughly 3" wider than a dana44 you're going to about the same width overall as someone like myself running 3.5" bs wheels on a stock width axle.

that being said with 37's you will still rub a little on full stuff and lock here and there depending on your bump stops but I don't see a prob with you not clearing the linkage on the knuckle as long as they are 17" wheels. It should clear, someone can correct me if I'm mistaken.

It would definitely be a great question for Dynatrac, they are so unbelievably helpful.

rockwell

I'll have to give them a call, I am hoping someone here could chime in as I'm sure I'm not the only one that is concerned about the width or their fender laws. I've been googling pictures but it seems the guys running the 60's don't have to worry about the width too much.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
From all the pictures of the Dynatrac JKU it seems like the tires and fenders are flush together, nothing really sticks out which has me really curious. I know they are running the mopar highline fenders tho

Top Bottom