The Build of NABOO the Starfighter JK

M_Savage

Caught the Bug
So I am ordering some replacement parts for the heater core and cooling system to see if I can get my NABOO back to normal. He seems to be running a little bit of a temperature. So I will be ordering:
Heater core, heater inlet and outlet hoses, radiator cap, and thermostat.

Replaced the radiator cap tonight. When I took it out it kinda smelt burnt. Here is the old:
IMG_8335.jpg
IMG_8334.jpg

And the new:
IMG_8333.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

M_Savage

Caught the Bug
So I got these on Monday.....

IMG_8432.jpg

Jeep is getting dropped of tomorrow at Jake's garage and hopefully within 2 weeks I will get it fixed up. (Can't work on it for 2 weeks)

Replacing the radiator cap, thermostat, heater core, and heater core inlet and outlet hoses.

Will have to pull the dash out and everything but hope to have NABOO back to running temperature!!!

Maybe I'll try and do a write up about it, depends in how it all goes.

fiend

Caught the Bug
So I got these on Monday.....

View attachment 260416

Jeep is getting dropped of tomorrow at Jake's garage and hopefully within 2 weeks I will get it fixed up. (Can't work on it for 2 weeks)

Replacing the radiator cap, thermostat, heater core, and heater core inlet and outlet hoses.

Will have to pull the dash out and everything but hope to have NABOO back to running temperature!!!

Maybe I'll try and do a write up about it, depends in how it all goes.

Looks like you need a transmission cooler. Have you seen a "hot oil" light?

M_Savage

Caught the Bug
We had to take a break because I forgot the bucket to drain the fluids. But here is how NABOO was left for the night

IMG_8501.jpg

So far the hardest part has been taking the driver side airbag off.

My only fear is I don't remember how it goes back together.

Crystaliner

Doesn't know shit about wheeling
Holy sheet!!!! You've got to be kidding. All that for a heater core???? Geezzzz....that's a job and a 1/2. Hope you don't end up to many extra screws at the end the job. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

JeepJeep75

Holy sheet!!!! You've got to be kidding. All that for a heater core???? Geezzzz....that's a job and a 1/2. Hope you don't end up to many extra screws at the end the job. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Don't worry, any extra screws Mike finds will go to replace the missing ones that the previous repair person left out. This isn't the original core, and the replacement job looked like it was done by a hack. Literally.

WJCO

Meme King
That's awesome you guys are doing this yourself. Save some major coin. I hate pulling dashes.

M_Savage

Caught the Bug
Unfortunately a little change in plans at which I'm not very happy about!!!!:( we ended up cutting the heater core lines the same way the previous job was done. The Reason for this was we would have had to open up the A/C lines to the HVAC system, pull my air compressor, air lines for the lockers and disassemble the brake booster just to get the last 4 bolts off.

Since this is my daily and it's in a friends garage taking up his wife's parking spot I need to get it done asap! So this is the decision I ended up making.

But before I did I disassemble everything to the last 4 bolts, including taking the whole steering column out...

IMG_8511.jpg
Steering shaft
IMG_8510.jpg

New hoses
IMG_8514.jpg

My jeep took a pee in Jake's floor
IMG_8513.jpg

Here are some more pictures
IMG_8507.jpg
IMG_8509.jpg
IMG_8499.jpg
IMG_8512.jpg

AZ Explorer

Caught the Bug
You're a better man than I am. I would have hit the trade it in mentality a long time ago. Either that or rationalized not needing heat.

Top Bottom