CLEAN FREAKS : What do You Use to Blacken Your Fenders?

Shantz

I used to use Back to Black... now I use Black Magic Tire Wet Gel

Sent By Morse Code

Last edited:

benatc1

Hooked
Anyone tried spraying some clear coat paint or maybe black paint on the fenders while they are still fairly new and see if they would last longer?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I painted mine with glossy black and 6 months later they are still shining, only thing is the rears have taken a bit if a beating from the winter but those are super easy to pop off and re coat

I am a clean freak about almost everything lol... I always wash and wax both the Jeeps. I respray their undercarriages at least once every six months. heck I even use tire shine :cheesy:

JeepFan

Hooked
I have tried every product except the heat gun but I have had great results with mothers protectant. It has lasted longer than 303 and back to black.

719XwXye0bL._SL1500_.jpg

RonG

My son just washed my JKU. When I went out to inspect it, all the black trim was almost show-room new looking. When I asked him how he did it, he held up a little squirt bottle of blue gel. He got it from one of the neighbors' sons who details cars. He bought it off Amazon.

Nanoskin (NA-SSE128) Speedy Shine Exterior Trim, Bumper & Tire Gel (NA-SSE128)

It lists for about $25 a gallon.

It just went on today, so I have no idea about durability. I hope it lasts.

Ranger4011

I haven gone through this whole thread yet but it seems like some of you are relying on these treatments to clean as well as blacken I recommend cleaning the surface well with a mild soap and water rense thourghly with water and completely dry the fender before applying any of these this will give you the best results, possible, a lot of these products are not meant to clean away the dirt too

Smitty

Solution Finish Black Trim Restorer.

It is what I've been using on many vehicles. I recommend gloves because it will stain skin and clothes. Products that don't dye the plastic, just make it look good for a short time. I get a year or two with this depending on the LSP I use if any.

Last edited:

CTsan

I Plasti Dipped mine with 5 coats then 3 coats of Glossifier and they look great. IMG_20170415_091108493.jpg I have had it on my TJ for 2 years and they look the same as when I first sprayed them. My JK has only had it done 5 months ago but still look great.

Sent from my XT1254 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom