CALAMITY JANE - One Step Closer to Completion

pop2tu

Looks very nice. How much synthetic rope did you install? And what diameter? Looking to do the same to my 8274.

jesse3638

Hooked
She looks awesome. I bet that is a fun project. Back to the basics over today's modern stuff...:thumb:

Edit: Just thought of a question. You stated "One step closer to completion" are Jeeps really ever complete once you begin modifying or in this case restoring/reviving them?...;)

Last edited:

AZ Explorer

Caught the Bug
Awesome!

I love, love, love! the color. It is fantastic. As a former (and future) CJ owner, I can say there is nothing like owning one. They were nostalgic even when they were new. I love my JK but there is something about the feeling of being behind the wheel of one of these classics that cannot be matched. Great Job and looking forward to the final videos!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Jane is for the most part complete but there are still a few this and that's that I've been meaning to install to help make her whole again. For one, I've been meaning to install the radiator fan shroud that I picked up for her a while back but ran into a fitment problem and so I put it on the back burner. The problem was that Jane has an HD cooling system and so the lower radiator hose prevented the shroud from being installed. Fortunately for me, it the problem wasn't anything that a little trimming could fix.
20170311111440-148a89fc.jpg

And here are a couple of shots with it installed.
20170311111434-e9b47edb.jpg

20170311111438-31adbe73.jpg

While I was at it, I also took some time to install a brand new replacement washer bottle and pump from Omix-Ada.
20170311114102-fb5b82c1.jpg

bthomas

Nice work on the fan shroud, Ol' Jane is looking good! So cool in every way possible. Man, I see parts I haven't seen for years in there. Mechanical fuel pump, a single coil, a distributor that may still contain points and a condenser. I like modern but, I still miss wrenching on the old stuff, for sure.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom