Rebuilt of a Billet Silver mall crawler

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
Here are few shots of my upright gore top storage. I made it couple years ago before I was a member here. I though I would share it on here.
I am getting ready to pull the hardtop of for warm season. Unfortunately I only have a one car garage and I have to store my hardtop at a storage unit for few months out of the year.
I'll post some pictures with the hardtop on the cart once I pull it of today or tomorrow.
IMG_4287.jpg
IMG_4288.jpg
IMG_4289.jpg

.....…...............................................................
MY BUILT/REBUILD: http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?44123-Rebuilt-of-a-Billet-Silver-mall-crawler&p=859931#post859931

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
I took my jeep for a last crawl to the mall and a park with my Aev bumpers today.

IMG_4412.jpg
IMG_4413.jpg
IMG_4417.jpg
IMG_4420.jpg

I have a buyer lined up for my rear bumper/carrier and he is picking it up tomorrow...

I am digging the no bumper look, I might just do an EVO facia.

IMG_4423.jpg
IMG_4425.jpg

Also I wan to get shorter coils to bring it down from 4.5" lift to about 3-3.5". Does anybody know if I can do this height with trimmed flares and 37s without rubbing?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
Firstly, nice looking Jeep, but I totally get your reasons for changing it up.

Next, thanks for the battery shim idea. I didn't even know these were "a thing", but I've had the same issues with my Odyssey battery on the negative post.

Last, did you end up selling the tire carrier too? What do you plan on replacing it with?

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
Firstly, nice looking Jeep, but I totally get your reasons for changing it up.

Next, thanks for the battery shim idea. I didn't even know these were "a thing", but I've had the same issues with my Odyssey battery on the negative post.

Last, did you end up selling the tire carrier too? What do you plan on replacing it with?

You can try loosening the clamp all the way on the terminal, place it over the post and use a bigger socket to gently pound that bitch all the way down the post, that works better. The shim is a pain in the ass, I had to cut half of it off.

I sold bumper and carrier, front bumper will be for sale soon

Last edited:

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
Getting the Aev rear bumper/carrier nice and clean for the person that bought it form me.

IMG_4441.jpg
IMG_4440.jpg
IMG_4443.jpg

That 'Zepreserve' non chemical lubricant really does the trick. A guy at a detail shop showed me this method... works like a charm [emoji108]

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
So... I did a cool little project today for the time being until I decide what bumpers I want to run. I installed a temporary 3rd brake light/ back up camera combo, with camera more for my wife but I gotta admit after having it for a while I really got used to it. It's really useful at the mall parking lot lol.
This whole project really costed me about $5 for the light itself, the rest I had laying around in the garage
IMG_4448.jpg
All cut up fitted, right before drilling the remaining holes for the light bracket
IMG_4449.jpg
All done and ready for paint
IMG_4450.jpg
IMG_4458.jpg
Time to fit the camera into light housing
IMG_4459.jpg
IMG_4460.jpg
Little silicone gasket maker.... because OCD lol
IMG_4461.jpg
IMG_4462.jpg
And here all in place. I ended up cutting the factory 3rd brake connector off because I couldn't get those stupid vampire splice connectors to work.
IMG_4470.jpg
IMG_4471.jpg
IMG_4472.jpg
IMG_4473.jpg IMG_4474.jpg

Now I have time for more important stuff, like what bumpers to put on my JK.....[emoji848]

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
My EVO rear facia arrived today, let's just say it didn't make it here in the best condition. Thanks UPS!!

IMG_4490.jpg
IMG_4491.jpg
IMG_4499.jpg
IMG_4494.jpg

It's all jacked up, I won't even post all the pictures. Back it goes....

BaddestCross

My EVO rear facia arrived today, let's just say it didn't make it here in the best condition. Thanks UPS!!

View attachment 256400
View attachment 256401
View attachment 256402
View attachment 256403

It's all jacked up, I won't even post all the pictures. Back it goes....

You sure that's a real EVO product and not a knock-off? I don't see any packing peanuts in that box! 😎

Sent from my SM-N915P using WAYALIFE mobile app

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
You sure that's a real EVO product and not a knock-off? I don't see any packing peanuts in that box! [emoji41]

Sent from my SM-N915P using WAYALIFE mobile app

My guess is that all peanuts 🥜 fell out along with the hardware lol. Somehow the 'JK Experience' DVD from 2011 made its way inside the box.
I had 2 more of the same DVD's in my D ring package.
Anybody interested in buying a DVD lol?
Image1493681586.787543.jpg

DH2002

It looks like it fell off the back of the truck and someone just shoved it back it with what they could find... Def open a claim with UPS...

Top Bottom