VIDEO : CALAMITY JANE - A Calamity No More / Our Jeep CJ5 Renegade Completed [Part 7]

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
A fantastic video and a fantastic Jeep! I'm pretty sad that this is the last one but I look forward to all the places you'll take Jane! [emoji106]

sipafz

Caught the Bug
That, right there, is a bucket list item for me! Might sound weird to some, but I can't think of many better ways to spend time. Congratulations to Eddie and Cindy on a job well done and thank you for sharing your journey as it has been truly inspiring!

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Love love love it!!! Jane looks amazing!!! The before and after shots at the end of the video was a really nice touch! Also Tessa looked like a pig in shit riding in the back!

Also thank you for all your hard work restoring Jane and using companies like omi axid! This is the only way we are able to keep this amazing old iron on the roads!

Cindy, amazing work on the video! You really are talented!!!

Last edited:

Buster3479

She looks amazing Eddie! The love and work shines through the videos. Thank you for bringing all of us along with via recording.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thank you everyone, we're so glad that you enjoyed watching our video series on Jane. While it was a ton of work to do, we had a lot of fun doing it. :cool:

Great work, you guys. Beautiful Jeep. Question, where did you get that punch at (before drilling the holes)? And does it work on thicker steel like .125 ?

I've had it for well over 20 years and I don't remember where I got it from but I do use it for all my drilling needs and I'd think you could find them at most hardware stores.

I don't know if Eddie has a better one, but I picked my center punch up at Home Depot for around $15 and used it to mark where I needed to drill on my frame rails of my JK.

Eddie and Cindy, I love how Jane turned out. Incredible work and attention to detail. Thank you for sharing all the hard work! It is a very beautiful Jeep!

And there you have it, Home Depot for $15 :D
Thank you for the kind words too :cool:

Man what a project!! That last test drive seemed a lot toastier than the drive home front he paint shop... she looks great, awesome work and looking forward to seeing what you guys have in store next!

LOL!! We literally just filmed those last shots and yes, it has been much nicer out :crazyeyes:

Yeah - Eddie and and Cindy...

I've been watching these as they come out while you've been working on this and you've done a really beautiful job.

I'm sure you're already proud of the work you've done, but it's also nice to hear the feedback of others and I honestly think what you've done here is beautiful and really amazing.

Thank you, we certainly do what we do for ourselves but it is nice to hear compliments like this. :yup:

Wow Wow Wow
This is fantastic how you two were able to breath life back into Jane. May be one day I can meet her in person!
Nothing else to add enjoy your baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you're out in our neck of the woods, let us know.

That really turned out to be a great series of videos! Awesome work on Jane. Hope to see more soon!

We're glad you enjoyed it and we definitely have more projects in the works. :yup:

In all honesty, that was a great closing video. You guys did such a awesome job on the restoration.

Must say, I cringed a little watching you drill the new paint and putting everything all back together. If it were me, I'd have fucked up the new paint job for sure. Lol.

It was really to fun to watch the series. Makes me want a a bigger garage. [emoji106][emoji41]

LOL!! Drilling into something you just spent so much time to make look nice is always hard to do. :crazyeyes:

DH2002

Amazing work. Fully enjoyed the series. Only question I saw was when you were doing the seal for the grille/hood on the middle the plyer crimper worked good but on the edges it seems the get really tight. Did you end up having to take the grille off to access the edges to crimp it? My heart did skip a beat when you started drilling into the fresh paint lol.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Again, thank you everyone for the kind words. There are times when we feel like the love of old iron is fading especially being that there are so many people that "just wanna wheel". It really is awesome that so many of you here can appreciate something like this. :thumb:

looks great!

Jane looked so small when you were driving it back from the paint shop

LOL!! Funny thing is, I think of myself as being a small guy and looking at the shots, she really does look small. Of course, ALL old Jeeps were really small.

A fantastic video and a fantastic Jeep! I'm pretty sad that this is the last one but I look forward to all the places you'll take Jane! [emoji106]

Yeah, I have to say that it is kind of sad that we've come to an end with this. But, we do hope to take her out and make new videos with her in it :)

Great work! Jane looks awesome now. I like that you included some comparison shots at the end as it is a huge difference.

We're glad you watched to the very end and enjoyed that. :cool:

Awesome video, looks like fun working on a classic jeep!

That, right there, is a bucket list item for me! Might sound weird to some, but I can't think of many better ways to spend time. Congratulations to Eddie and Cindy on a job well done and thank you for sharing your journey as it has been truly inspiring!

If it's within your means, I would highly recommend it. It really is a lot of fun. :yup:

Love love love it!!! Jane looks amazing!!! The before and after shots at the end of the video was a really nice touch! Also Tessa looked like a pig in shit riding in the back!

Also thank you for all your hard work restoring Jane and using companies like omi axid! This is the only way we are able to keep this amazing old iron on the roads!

Cindy, amazing work on the video! You really are talented!!!

Thanks Steve and yes, Tessa loves riding in Jane.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Amazing work. Fully enjoyed the series. Only question I saw was when you were doing the seal for the grille/hood on the middle the plyer crimper worked good but on the edges it seems the get really tight. Did you end up having to take the grille off to access the edges to crimp it? My heart did skip a beat when you started drilling into the fresh paint lol.

That last part was a bitch and no, I couldn't use the tool or take anything apart. While I was able to pry the brads apart with a screw driver and needle nose pliers, I ultimately went back and replaced them with some of the old factory clips that I had recycled from her old welt. They are more like spring clips and worked much better.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
I just watched the final video. You two did a great job, putting this story together, and a great job on Jane! This is one of my favorite video series you have done. BTW, I like how the modern touches, added to Jane, still looked appropriate, and not out of place. She looks really nice!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Basscat

It took a lot more work than I think Cindy and I had ever imagined but taking a calamity of a Jeep that was all Jane and breathing new life into her old iron was without question, one of the most exciting and fun things we’ve ever done. In this final episode, you’ll get to see us bring her home from paint, install the final pieces to her puzzle and show you what she looks like when all was said and done. We hope you enjoy our presentation. :cool:

Filmed & Edited by Cindy Oh
Written & Hosted by Eddie Oh

Parts Purchased from: 4Wheel Drive Hardware, Amazon, Barney’s Jeep, CES Offroad, Crown Automotive, eBay, PartsDude4x4, Quadratec, Summit Racing, Walck’s 4 Wheel Drive, WiringProducts.
Finishing Services by: Alltizer Powdercoating & Battleborn Auto Body

Special Thanks to Omix-Ada for all their help and for their commitment to manufacture and sell, authentic Mopar Restoration Products. It would have been a lot harder to make this project possible without them.

Wow! For a 56 year old guy who's first jeep was a 76 CJ7 almost the same color this really brings back memories. I really enjoyed watching. Thanks so much for sharing this!

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Ddays

Hooked
Great video. Love those Jeeps. Too damn cold out to work on mine so I enjoyed watching you work on yours instead!

buckweil

Absolutely loved this series! You have to make another one now 😉😂 and quick question, on the fenders why didn't you drill the holes for the flares before it went to paint. That way they could prime and spray the holes. Absolutely loved these videos though! You did an amazing job!!

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
Wow! :worthy:

Jane looks great! I even went back and watched the first episode immediately after... you know, to make sure it was indeed the same jeep ;) :cheesy:

Awesome rig! And awesome restoration!

Top Bottom