What can you guy's tell me about Riverside California?

RebelconJk

I kind of want to belly laugh that you're asking about the area and your concern is mudflaps.

In terms of really wanting to know about the area I guess it would depend on what you value and your budget. There are a lot of nice areas in the Inland Empire and others I would stay away from. If you want a little bit more space consider Cherry Valley or maybe Norco. Most of the nicer areas in the I.E. have very small properties such as Chino hills, Rancho Cucamonga, Upland. Traffic is always an issue so if your commute isn't relevant right now it will become relevant. There is great weather and wheeling in and throughout Southern California but it comes at a cost.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Haha! I see your point, i was just curious on the laws there. Because if they were going to get me into trouble it would def be an expense on getting a set of fenders welded on.

Thanks for the input, i'll look into those areas. :thumb:

Trail JK

Haha! I see your point, i was just curious on the laws there. Because if they were going to get me into trouble it would def be an expense on getting a set of fenders welded on.

Thanks for the input, i'll look into those areas. :thumb:

No problem. You really don't need mudflaps with fenders if you're running 37's or smaller. It's possible that you'll get a fix-it ticket but pretty unlikely. If you are running large tires without fenders then it's likely that you'll stand out. Is this a daily driver? Now I'm interested to see a picture.

BaddestCross

Hey, with the 40-50% effective tax rate, having to spend half your waking days in traffic, putting up with all the regulations, environmental Nazis, wannabe Hollywood assholes, and $0.10 grocery bags, mud flaps just might be the straw that breaks the camel's back! 😂😂

Sent from my SM-N915P using WAYALIFE mobile app

Trail JK

I'm running 37s with beadlocks. View attachment 248591 View attachment 248592

Cut factory fenders up front.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using WAYALIFE mobile app

I would probably run the Evo quick disconnect mudflaps in the rear. If it's not a daily driver I wouldn't be too worried about it.

Something to consider, if you're really worried about the extra expense of the ticket you probably want to reconsider making a move out here. The taxes and cost of living is high. As someone mentioned, if this is a really good opportunity and good salary that's different.

RebelconJk

I would probably run the Evo quick disconnect mudflaps in the rear. If it's not a daily driver I wouldn't be too worried about it.

Something to consider, if you're really worried about the extra expense of the ticket you probably want to reconsider making a move out here. The taxes and cost of living is high. As someone mentioned, if this is a really good opportunity and good salary that's different.

Yeah, looks like i'll have to do that bc my wife currently has a work vehicle; so i swap out between the jeep and our nissan murano. She would more then likely have to drive the car so the jeep would be my daily driver.

Not too worried about tickets, what is this effective tax?

BaddestCross

What's this effective tax?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using WAYALIFE mobile app
Depends on your income, of course, but typical 30% Fed income tax, 13-14% state income tax, 9-10% sales tax... Now they're talking about a new 9% tax on services (hair cuts, appliance repair, auto repair, etc). It's getting to the point where we may as well just give them our whole paycheck and go on the welfare rolls. 😜

Oh, don't forget a $0.05-$0.10 fee on every bottle of water or can of soda you buy. I mentioned the $0.10 fee for every grocery bag you need to carry the stuff home from the store you just paid them 9% on... New tires, new computer, new TV, oil change. Yeah, there's an additional fee tacked on to those too. I'm sure there's a bunch more, but those are just off the top of my head.

JMac79

Soo... My wife and I may be relocating to Cali for a job offer that presented it's self to me earlier this week. Nothing is set in stone yet, just wanted to get a feel for the area from some folks that live out that way. What are the fender regulations and inspections/ emissions required on vehicles in that area? Any feed back would be greatly appreciated! :thumb:

Thanks Guys, and Gals,

Warren

Yucaipa, Beamount in that direction wouldn't be bad. If the commute isn't too bad Canyon lake, Menifee, murrieta and Temecula are great places south.

clos0791

Yeah taxes suck in CA. I live in Rancho Cucamonga (20-25 min from Riverside) and love it. Nice weather, mountain views, close to trails and less than 45 min from the beach. I Don't get hassled for tire size, mud flaps, lift, etc. My Jeep has 3 inch lift with 35s. I've lived here my entire life and family is all here so not much of a choice. Good luck!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

jesse3638

Hooked
As mentioned tax sucks, cost of living is high, traffic sucks, people are self entitled assholes. I'm sure I left out a bunch. Go on zilliow.com to check out home prices. Also I wouldn't worry about mud flaps until you get a ticket for it. Mostly CHP you have to worry about.

Sent from my 831C using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

Journeyman

I'm sure there are some nice pockets of riverside. I'm familiar with Yucaipa and that area, but you could not pay me to live there! That whole LA, Riverside valley is on my list of places to not live. It's just to much of everything.
But maybe it's better than what you've got going on [emoji848]

aredub

I lived in Riverside my whole adult life up until five years ago. I still live nearby and drive through there on at least a weekly basis. I know that place like the back of my hand. Properties vary significantly by neighborhood, from perhaps a couple hundred grand to over a couple million. Mild winters and hot summers. I'm guessing it's less humid than Tennessee during the summer. Traffic does suck, everybody (including myself) always seems to be in a rush. There is a University there, but definitely not a college town. Centrally located, so you're an hour or less to the beach, mountains, desert, and entertainment of your choice. Best of luck!

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

scrota76

Depends on your income, of course, but typical 30% Fed income tax, 13-14% state income tax, 9-10% sales tax... Now they're talking about a new 9% tax on services (hair cuts, appliance repair, auto repair, etc). It's getting to the point where we may as well just give them our whole paycheck and go on the welfare rolls. 😜

Oh, don't forget a $0.05-$0.10 fee on every bottle of water or can of soda you buy. I mentioned the $0.10 fee for every grocery bag you need to carry the stuff home from the store you just paid them 9% on... New tires, new computer, new TV, oil change. Yeah, there's an additional fee tacked on to those too. I'm sure there's a bunch more, but those are just off the top of my head.

You forgot the new fee for cow farts. Don't laugh, it's true.
I lived in Riverside my whole adult life up until five years ago. I still live nearby and drive through there on at least a weekly basis. I know that place like the back of my hand. Properties vary significantly by neighborhood, from perhaps a couple hundred grand to over a couple million. Mild winters and hot summers. I'm guessing it's less humid than Tennessee during the summer. Traffic does suck, everybody (including myself) always seems to be in a rush. There is a University there, but definitely not a college town. Centrally located, so you're an hour or less to the beach, mountains, desert, and entertainment of your choice. Best of luck!

Sent from my SM-G935V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Scoop315

Caught the Bug

That doesn't sound too bad. But, I'm a dedicated Northeastern US guy.

jesse3638

Hooked

Speaking of the University. Is the Barn still open on campus? I saw many concerts there and was just wondering about that place.

Top Bottom