Close

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718
    Knows a Thing or Two Honor2afault's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    Not a stupid question at all. As of now, what we did is a one of a kind but I know that Dynatrac will be offering it as an option. If you go this route, you will need to order up your front AND rear axle at the same time and make sure to get them in the 72.5" width.
    Rockon, thank you for the great information and the wonderful writeups/videos that you and Cindy share/inspire/encourage each of us to live, dream and experience.

Sent from my SM-G930V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Very informative. The photos are beautiful.

Been Around the Block
    Sorry if this is redundant, I went through most of the big posts in the thread and either missed it or didn't see it, what Tie rod and Draglink are you using on Rubicat with the XD60? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by mastrcruse View Post
    Sorry if this is redundant, I went through most of the big posts in the thread and either missed it or didn't see it, what Tie rod and Draglink are you using on Rubicat with the XD60? Thanks!
    As you have guessed correctly, the tie-rod is way longer than anything that's available on the market today and what we have is made by Dynatrac. The drag link is factory with an extended Dynatrac HD adjuster sleeve.

Been Around the Block
    As you have guessed correctly, the tie-rod is way longer than anything that's available on the market today and what we have is made by Dynatrac. The drag link is factory with an extended Dynatrac HD adjuster sleeve.
    Thanks...I appreciate your response. Rubicat and Moby are both looking awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by doubletapdaddy View Post
    Awesome setup, write-up and pictorial. I’ve been checking the other thread more than a couple of times daily for updates. I was actually most interested in what your rear end solution would be to compliment the stretched XD. The thought of “recycling” the ProRock 60 rear never occurred to me… pretty cool. Guess Rubicat has gone green. Lol.

My current plan is Dynatrac Elite Axle Set XD60/PR80 (68.5”) + EVO Bolt-On COs + Coop STT 40s. I was going to go with Chamber Pro IIs, however now I wonder if I should consider wheels with greater backspacing to take advantage of the XD’s 1550 knuckles/wheel ends. Any thoughts will be greatly appreciated.
    So I went through this whole thread and this is the closest question I could find to my soon situation. I am planning on getting the EVO Double D Pro like Mel has on Spicy Chicken. I am super intrigued on the best setup for my lift. I want 60/60 axle setup so if I do the 1550 wheel ends am I to understand that im good with the normal backspacing of the wheels? Or should I go with 5.5 BS because it offers the best geometry and protection? I hope I said that right. Looking forward to the responses. And as always Eddie GREAT write up!
    2016 JKUR

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ "Come and Get Them" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqJf_IGyVS4

Quote Originally Posted by 0311DoC View Post
    So I went through this whole thread and this is the closest question I could find to my soon situation. I am planning on getting the EVO Double D Pro like Mel has on Spicy Chicken. I am super intrigued on the best setup for my lift. I want 60/60 axle setup so if I do the 1550 wheel ends am I to understand that im good with the normal backspacing of the wheels? Or should I go with 5.5 BS because it offers the best geometry and protection? I hope I said that right. Looking forward to the responses. And as always Eddie GREAT write up!
    Even with wheels that have very little backspacing, you will still see significant steering benefits with the PRO 1550 knuckles. Cindy and I wanted to run 5.5" of back spacing because it offered the most benefits as you seem to be aware of. Is it really necessary? No. We just wanted to take advantage of all the improvements Dynatrac made and weren't available in the past.

Even with wheels that have very little backspacing, you will still see significant steering benefits with the PRO 1550 knuckles. Cindy and I wanted to run 5.5" of back spacing because it offered the most benefits as you seem to be aware of. Is it really necessary? No. We just wanted to take advantage of all the improvements Dynatrac made and weren't available in the past.
    Great! Thank you for the reply. Now as you mentioned in the thread. There are so many wheels out there and only a few offer 5.5 BS as of now, decisions decisions....
    2016 JKUR

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ "Come and Get Them" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqJf_IGyVS4