Flat fender flares

Bsmith01

Hello all I'm looking to get some flat fender flares for Brunhilde ('17 JKU) but I'm not sure if I should get plastic or metal. Nor do I know the benefits of either. Would love some input from you all.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
Plastic has a greater chance of bending when hitting something like a tree and then bending back. Metal may not bend, but it could transfer the force into the Jeep and damage the paint and body. I would definitely recommend cutting your OEM ones first and see if you are happy with that. If not, you can always buy a set later.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Now, one more post...

If you don't feel comfortable, cutting yours, Bushwacker makes the bed looking flares, IMO, but they are expensive.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Bsmith01

Those do look nice. Unfortunately I have to keep the old fenders intact. She's on a lease for 3 years. It is a lease to own program but if something unexpected happens and I have to give her up it would require to have everything stock.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Those do look nice. Unfortunately I have to keep the old fenders intact. She's on a lease for 3 years. It is a lease to own program but if something unexpected happens and I have to give her up it would require to have everything stock.

Finding replacement factory flares is easy. Often times, you can find them for free and no additional modifications to the body of your Jeep is necessary to replace them. If you get aftermarket fenders, you WILL need to make modifications and going back to factory will be more difficult.

Andy5160

Hooked
I did some home work and opted to go with Bushwacker flat flares which are plastic. I opted to do so for the same reason that some members already stated. Plastic is more flexible then steel and might bent and prevent body damage.

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
Finding replacement factory flares is easy. Often times, you can find them for free and no additional modifications to the body of your Jeep is necessary to replace them.

I wish I could share this experience... around my neck of the woods, everyone thinks they are worth $200... :idontknow: and I see them sell all the time for that! :doh: :naw:

I personally wouldn't go any higher then $50 though... just gotta hold out for a "logical" seller and jump on it when you can around here... "fucking southerns..."

JKbrick

I wish I could share this experience... around my neck of the woods, everyone thinks they are worth $200... :idontknow: and I see them sell all the time for that! :doh: :naw:

I personally wouldn't go any higher then $50 though... just gotta hold out for a "logical" seller and jump on it when you can around here... "fucking southerns..."

Found a set of 4 for $15 on cl. Gave the kid $20

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
Found a set of 4 for $15 on cl. Gave the kid $20

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

:cheesy: Shortly after I posted that I saw a post on FB from a friend who was installing a fender delete kit on his '16 JK. I asked and He said he would hold on to the fenders for me and I can just have them next time I am out his way... :thumb: Love when the universe works that way! :rock:

mo0s3

Hello all I'm looking to get some flat fender flares for Brunhilde ('17 JKU) but I'm not sure if I should get plastic or metal. Nor do I know the benefits of either. Would love some input from you all.

I have those fenders and loved them until a rock on Old Sluice liked the rear left more and crushed it pushing my rear quarter panel in lol. I would trim your stocks otherwise you'll have a fender delete coming to hit your pocket book soon lol.
This is the after math !!! IMG_4799.jpg
Now they look like this
IMG_5846.jpg
IMG_5847.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom