Starting over from scratch with a JKUR, the rise of Tonto

Kyle7R

My mother in law was in town this weekend, and wanted to see some nature.

Gas station views [emoji41]

20170514_122126.jpg

The only "off road" shot taken today

20170514_134210.jpg

Henry showing off his climbing skills.

20170514_134639.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Kyle7R

Went out and did a little exploring today, here's a few pics from my phone. The rest are on my wife's, I'll get them posted up before long.

20170521_170812.jpg

20170521_180734.jpg

20170521_170827.jpg

Kyle7R

Beautiful pics. It's nice up there right now.
Thanks bud!

It really is, the weather was throwing me for a loop though. It was 50 degrees, query 3-4 feet of snow on the ground, and pouring down rain.

We need to get some of our rigs together soon.

WJCO

Meme King
Thanks bud!

It really is, the weather was throwing me for a loop though. It was 50 degrees, query 3-4 feet of snow on the ground, and pouring down rain.

We need to get some of our rigs together soon.

Indeed we do. FYI, this is NOT a normal May for us.

Kyle7R

Indeed we do. FYI, this is NOT a normal May for us.
That's what everybody keeps saying! Leave it to the Texans to bring on the crazy winter, lol.

Big plans for the holiday weekend? The weather looks a little meh most of the weekend though..

Kyle7R

Met up with Slimebones last weekend for some adventuring

20170603_110552.jpg

20170603_121551.jpg

20170603_141537.jpg

20170603_144139.jpg

The Mrs. even got in on the action

20170603_144004.jpg

20170603_172054.jpg

Kyle7R

Nice Kyle! Looks like a perfect weather day for wheeling too.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

It really was, we really enjoyed it!

Great pics. Glad you guys were able to get out. He's a cool guy. How were those trails? As far as difficulty?

They weren't too bad, TrailDamage has Hackett Gulch as a 5 to a 7 and Longwater was a 4-5. Gave the skidplates some use, only had to use the lockers once and I'm still not sure they were entirely required. We didn't run across anything that either of us couldn't tackle.

I've got a couple videos I can send you of the best obstacles.

The scenery and views were fantastic though, that was the best part IMO

I see you're enjoying those mountains! :cheer:

Heck yeah brother! Just trying to warm up for Ouray

:beer::beer:

Last edited:

WJCO

Meme King
Just saw the videos, Kyle. Looks like fun. We'll hopefully get to run some trails together this summer.

Kyle7R

Excellent pictures. I too kove alk these shots from out west.

Sent from my SM-N910V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Thank you!

Just saw the videos, Kyle. Looks like fun. We'll hopefully get to run some trails together this summer.

Heck yes, let's do it!

In other news, I'm looking into sliders (pretty much decided on LOD's) and looking at skids.

What skid, if any should I look into?

I didn't run any aftermarket skids on the 2door, due to it being a 6-speed. But I've been hearing that the Auto's need more protection.

aTX427

How are you liking Colorado compared to Houston? My wife loves the beach, but I would move to the mountains in a heartbeat.

Kyle7R

How are you liking Colorado compared to Houston? My wife loves the beach, but I would move to the mountains in a heartbeat.

We are loving it, as much as we love the beach I know now that we love the mountains more!

WJCO

Meme King
In other news, I'm looking into sliders (pretty much decided on LOD's) and looking at skids.

What skid, if any should I look into?

I didn't run any aftermarket skids on the 2door, due to it being a 6-speed. But I've been hearing that the Auto's need more protection.

I don't know much about any other ones, however we really like the way the Rock Hard 4x4 one sets up. It covers both the oil pan and the Jenner pan. And there's a little trap door for draining the oil and it works well. It also allows you to re-use the stock TCASE skid. Installs quickly too. Our primary reason for going with this is we have no lift on the Jeep and are running 33s. We had already hit a couple times prior to doing this.

IMG_20170406_161209_862.jpg

IMG_20170425_161605_101.jpg

Top Bottom