Fords rock the desert like no jeep can

NecessaryEvil

Caught the Bug
This sort of thing just leaves me shaking my head. Must just be me. I hate needlessly abusing my equipment. Almost weekly, literally, one of the groups I belong to has a shot like this one. Sometimes the same person more than once. Mud is cool they say. They dunk their jeep (this pic is before it sank even further). View attachment 251934 .

Then the next week we see pics of the interior and how it half-filled with muck. Then, requests for guidance and 'what could be wrong' when all manner of things stop working. If I had a trail-only beater I just didn't care about and wanted to beat up, fine. But most are daily drivers and their most significant asset. This past weekend, there were two award winners.

Just hate seeing good equipment abused.

Where was this at?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited by a moderator:

Dominic

Here's for the Win!!! Go Raptor
https://youtu.be/JKQdlXvbWSU

That hurt to watch. Nothing like taking $80K and destroying it in a millisecond. Would love to know the after story, such as did the insurance company pay anything. Dumb. Just dumb.

The driver had a compressed spine and some other very serious injuries. What you don't see in the vids now is the whole thing. There were several other trucks making the jump and if you jumped at about 40mph you would downside the jump, and all would be good. The guy in the Raptor made a couple of trial runs and slowed down enough not to get airborne. On the jump run he second guessed the needed speed and went faster, he hit the ramp at about 70 and overshot the landing by a couple truck lengths and destroyed his back and his truck. Notice how the tailgate even comes off!! I tried finding the full video but it is gone now. It was about 20 minutes long and had 5 or 6 trucks and some motorcycles 🏍 making the jump.

NecessaryEvil

Caught the Bug
Yeah, that jump was completely idiotic. Another fun fact (and I like some Fords) the Ford Raptors first few years in production had a serious problem with the frames going full taco after costumers went off roading. I'm sure they fixed it but I would not buy a Raptor (at least not for off road purposes).

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:
Top Bottom