Help with Starting Issues

BrClSm

Hi Everyone,
Have a 2001 TJ Sahara 4L Manual with 90K miles. Bought it at 80K. Recently it started 'hiccuping' on start. Has not been bad until this past week. Was out running errands, and on the last errand, went to start it and it was vibrating real bad and RPM's were at about 100 on the tach.

I shut it off, opened the hood, let it sit for about 25 min and all was fine, drove it home. The temp gauge was normal (210 - at least this is what it has been running since I bought it).

Any ideas?

Thanks

Basscat

Hi Everyone,
Have a 2001 TJ Sahara 4L Manual with 90K miles. Bought it at 80K. Recently it started 'hiccuping' on start. Has not been bad until this past week. Was out running errands, and on the last errand, went to start it and it was vibrating real bad and RPM's were at about 100 on the tach.

I shut it off, opened the hood, let it sit for about 25 min and all was fine, drove it home. The temp gauge was normal (210 - at least this is what it has been running since I bought it).

Any ideas?

Thanks

Man hate to say it but that could be God knows what! Has it thrown any codes? Did you do a Basic tune up and fluids change when you bought it? You might start there.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
It will likely be related to spark or fuel. You can get a fuel pressure gauge and check that. Could even be something like a crank sensor that only acts up after vehicle's been driven awhile. Really hard to say. These issues are hard to diagnose.

Top Bottom