Prorock 60/60 Hardcore Package Install Questions

LO_Rex

Please post photos of the rear pro60 when you get to it. There are not many pics of the rear. I am curious to see the driveline angle and pumpkin clearance.

Sent from my SM-G930P using WAYALIFE mobile app

Buster3479

Sorry for the delay. I won't be able to post much by way of pictures, as my wife and I are on the road headed wheeling for 3 days and won't be home until Monday. I've been working on the Jeep every night after work, and haven't been online much.

The rest of the install was pretty straightforward with some things listed below.

1. Front wheel speed sensors. I had a heck of a time getting the Jeep to recognize these until I called Dynatrac and they sent me a pdf for how to adjust them. Basically you put a 0.020" feeler gauge between the wheel speed sensor and you leverage it out against the feeler gage with a slotted screwdriver while tightening the adjustment socket head screw. If I can figure out how to post the pdf and it's kosher to post a Dynatrac pdf here I will, but a pm or call to Dynatrac will get it sent to your e-mail address. I can also send it if you pm me an address, keep in mind I'm on the road.

2. Rear E-brake lines. - There's a great writeup here: https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?41495-Prorock-60-ebrake-cable-help/page2
Start with Eddie's post with photos on page 2. Also, Dynatrac will send you a pdf if you pm them here, or call them. I can also email, same as #1. It has a little more info and pictures. The 2 combined make it easy to figure out.

Why Dynatrac doesn't include a copy of #1 and #2 pdfs in the crate, or in an e-mail when you order is beyond me.

3. Front lower control arm pockets. I have no idea why they made them like this, but they hit the Jhonny Joints on my EVO FLCAs and limit full droop. I ground out a moon like section with an angle grinder, and now I'm back to being limited by shock travel just before the driveshaft touches the exhaust cross member. After looking it over, it turns out I did the same thing a couple of years ago on my PR44 and don't even remember doing so. I have ~9.5" of travel in the front with 4" plush rides and 37s. Down travel is limited by the shocks, but I have a paper's thickness of clearance between the 1350 and my exhaust crossover, and the uptravel is limited by my frame side trackbar mount.

4. Evo 60 Rockstars - I had to elongate the RLCA hole in the Rockstar with a carbide burr to line up with the hole in the Dynatrac bracketry when the Rockstar sits flush against the face. It was a pretty significant elongation, but the Dynatrac bracket is still doing all the RLCA mounting. Also, only the upper 5/16" bolt for the Rockstar would mount in Dynatrac bracket material. I had to drill a new hole in both the Rockstar and Dynatrac bracket for the lower one as there's a large pocket machined in the Dynatrac RLCA mount. Best bang for the buck upgrade I did imo, and easier to do before destroying the brackets on the trail.

Some other notes, not really issues:

I'm running 8 degrees of caster up front for now. The only reliable way I could find to measure it on the front PR60 is off the top of the top balljoint stud. Every other surface gave me an inconsistent measurement. The pinion seal face with a flat bar and angle finder worked well front and rear as well.

Rear driveshaft angle. I was able to set the rear axle pinion pointed directly at my xfer case so that the 1350 shaft I used has a 0 degree change at the pinion end. It's just under the maximum angle Dynatrac specified on the hang tag they provided. Measurements are taken with 4" plush rides, GTG there!

I lost 1/8" clearance at the pumpkin in the front from a PR44 to a PR60, which is AMAZING!

I lost 5/8" clearance at the pumpkin in the rear from a Dana44 to a Pro60, way better than I imagined!

Hutchinson Rock Monsters in 5x5.5 fit over the hubs just fine, and won't rub full lock to lock with 9.5" of suspension travel on 4" of lift with 37s at any point in the suspension position. I ordered these axles in 5x5.5 as a bunch of the wheel choices my wife and I like come in that pattern with less backspace. It was honestly aesthetics driven.

EVO extended rear brake lines seem significantly longer than I need with 9.5" of rear travel.

With 37s on 4" Plush rides, 3" of bump seems most appropriate in the rear. Cycling it seems JUST short of fully stuffing a tire. I had a 1" gap with 4" of bump.

If you're doing EVO King Air bumps in the front like I did, you'll need to come up with a way to mount the bump extensions. The Dynatrac pad is designed to take a single 1/2"-13 bolt in the center. The King's come with 2 smaller bolts. You can either drill and tap the pad, or pick up some hockey puck style extensions and get a socket head bolt. Fastenal had the bolts in varied sizes with a nice black coating in stock. You'll also need to drill out the bumpstop extension to 1/2" and countersink it if you buy a pre-made one. They all seem to have 3/8" holes....

You need a regular stock, not RHD flipped draglink. I didn't think about or realize this until the axles arrived.

We put 1.5 hours test on them mid-week in town, and 6 hours today. I have 3 more hours tomorrow of highway, and 3 days of wheeling before 9 hours home. I'll post back how they did. On the highway, with 37s, 5.13 is 2900 RPM with the cruise set. In the mountains the auto is constantly shifting down to 4 and giving me about 3400 rpm until you hit level ground or push it back into 5th gear. Driving great so far!

That's a really long post, and all for now.

Last edited:

Buster3479

Photos were too big to upload from my phone, so I posted them to facebook and downloaded then uploaded here. I don't have great photos, these are what I took before we hit the road this morning.

18121950_10212247533526097_5265318498819500959_o.jpg 18121355_10212247535566148_1463687512621890549_o.jpg 18155945_10212247536366168_5962279975676503690_o.jpg 18055652_10212247535526147_4699133554414338392_o.jpg 18055848_10212247535286141_4224736626438508703_o.jpg 18076621_10212247533646100_6530206353680838312_o.jpg 18121769_10212247533726102_942988638515431433_o.jpg

rockwell

Awesome, thanks for the update. I love the wheels, just received my 8 lug version of those? What is the backspace of the 5.5? Width looks perfect. Waiting on my axles, few more weeks I hope. Can the swap be done in a weekend with all the little tweaks and adjustments?

Buster3479

Awesome, thanks for the update. I love the wheels, just received my 8 lug version of those? What is the backspace of the 5.5? Width looks perfect. Waiting on my axles, few more weeks I hope. Can the swap be done in a weekend with all the little tweaks and adjustments?

4.63" (117.6mm)

I had it weight on wheels in a weekend, but it took me longer to dial it in, add the Rockstars, and get everything set up and checked the way I wanted. I was working myself though with my wife finding and handing me tools. I also learned a lot as I went, posted earlier in the thread. If you had a strong helper I think you could finish it in a really long weekend. I'd bank on more time if you're on a deadline though.

AdrockTT

Awesome Jeep and love the way the install came out. Thanks for posting all the tech details - this helps me with my install progress too :thumb::thumb:

Buster3479

The Dynatrac 7-17 ABS adjustment instructions are all pictures, and I can't figure out how to compress it below 6mb from the road on my chromebook. WAY too big to post on the forum, sorry.

WJCO

Meme King
The Dynatrac 7-17 ABS adjustment instructions are all pictures, and I can't figure out how to compress it below 6mb from the road on my chromebook. WAY too big to post on the forum, sorry.

I added pics to my last post regarding the ebrake. Do you have any link to the Dynatrac page for the ABS adjustments?

Buster3479

Thanks WJCO. No, they don't have a link, just the pdf they e-mail if you request it. Can I e-mail you the file to post pics from? I can't figure out how to do it effectively from my chromebook, and won't be back home in front of a real computer until next week. Shoot me a pm with an e-mail if you don't mind doing it.

WJCO

Meme King
Thanks WJCO. No, they don't have a link, just the pdf they e-mail if you request it. Can I e-mail you the file to post pics from? I can't figure out how to do it effectively from my chromebook, and won't be back home in front of a real computer until next week. Shoot me a pm with an e-mail if you don't mind doing it.

Here you go:

1.jpg

10.jpg

9.jpg

8.jpg

7.jpg

6.jpg

5.jpg

4.jpg

3.jpg

2.jpg

11.jpg

Buster3479

Thanks WJCO! The photos should be super helpful for those that have the set coming in soon. I appreciate the help.

The only difference was I didn't go through the rotor to access the cap head screws. I don't know if that's because I have 5x5.5 rotors, or if the pdf was a little out of date. Everything else worked perfectly, and the abs light shut off as soon as I started rolling after adjusting it following those instructions.

Last edited:

Shopteach

WTF?
I just installed a set of Dynatrac 60"s. There was no mention of adjusting the ABS sensors. It is hard to believe that I got "lucky" when I installed them.

Buster3479

WTF?
I just installed a set of Dynatrac 60"s. There was no mention of adjusting the ABS sensors. It is hard to believe that I got "lucky" when I installed them.

To be fair, they didn't mention much of anything other than reinforcing that it's my responsibility to check the oil, and the maximum angle they will honor the warranty for. Had I not had an ABS light stuck on, I would have never requested the info or tried to adjust them. Maybe you just got really lucky, or the tolerance isn't super critical and I was just really unlucky.

Shopteach

To be fair, they didn't mention much of anything other than reinforcing that it's my responsibility to check the oil, and the maximum angle they will honor the warranty for. Had I not had an ABS light stuck on, I would have never requested the info or tried to adjust them. Maybe you just got really lucky, or the tolerance isn't super critical and I was just really unlucky.

You are correct. I got the same pinion angle, oil level and break in info you did. They build an excellent product, I just cannot believe that they do not include the literature in the crate. Hell, they could even put it on their website!

Top Bottom