Nv3550 issues looking for advice

Bmann412

Hi I am pretty new to the forum but have been lurking for a while. I have a question about my nv3550. Over the past 6 months I have pretty much completed a full frame and drivetrain Swap on my 1998 jeep tj. The engine is a 5.9l out of a 1998 grand Cherokee and the transmission is as stated in title a nv3550 out of an 04 rubicon. I replaced everything that goes with the transmission during this swap since I am coming from an automatic. So new bell housing to mate with the v8, new clutch,pressure plate,clutch fork,clutch fork retainer spring,throw out bearing, pilot bearing, both master and slave cylinder that came as a prebled kit.

Now that that's out of the way the issue is that it is difficult to get the jeep in 1rst and reverse . There is no grinding or really any noise when engaging it into those gears just takes some force. I had to extend the piston rod on the slave cylinder to even get it into either of those gears with the engine running. With engine off you can switch between all gears with no issue. I have noticed that the clutch pedal has to touch the floor in order to shift gears and seems to catch really early. I have tried bleeding the clutch master but it didn't seem to improve any(still a firm pedal). The transmission makes almost a squealing noise while driving. I haven't driven much for fear of making it worse. I plan to take it to a transmission shop next week but would like some opinions before I go. So any help would be appreciated. Thanks

1998 Tj 5.9l v8 5 speed
1978 Cj7 Renegade 304 v8 3 speed

Top Bottom