Coilovers

Bmans08jk

I'm getting a free set of foa coilovers from my btother and had some questions. Firts off can I use any coilover brackets for the front, or do all coilovers mount different? Also what are good spring rates for a 08 jk 2 door. And what else would I need to install them. I think I'm just going to need the brackets because I'm already have a 3.5 inch lift. Any info would be great I am very new to coilovers if you can't tell.

Sent from my LG-H918 using WAYALIFE mobile app

AZ Explorer

Caught the Bug
I'd start by looking at Coilover kits and see how they break down the components and see which kits sell the brackets separately. Even then they may or may not work. No easy answers for this, its going to take research and legwork on your part to figure it out. The first place to go is the manufacturer of the coilovers you have and look at the JK applications to see if they have one and if what you need is sold separately. If not, then you have to get creative.

Never heard of them either. Just quickly googled them and not much out there on them. I did read they offer 10" of travel vs 12" of kings for example. If you're getting them for free, doesn't hurt to try them out for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
I've seen them on a few pre-runners and such back in my BITD days. Not really a major player, so you won't hear to much of them. Nothing crazy, but if you make sure they are valved correctly I would imagine they should be fine. Just don't go slapping any ol coilover on your Jeep though and think it will be great. They really need to be tailored to your specific rig or at least a similar JK. Let us know how they turn out!

highoctane

Caught the Bug
IIRC Evo 1 had FOA coilovers on it many many years ago, when the weld on coilover/Evo lever kit was a brand new design, before there was a double throwdown. Back when Evo 1 was a silver Sahara on 40s. Obviously Mel ended up going with King in the end. Not many people run FOA stuff.

BananaJeep

Caught the Bug
I have a buddy that runs FOA coilovers. I know NOTHING about them, I just know he runs them, and is happy with them.

BananaJeep

Caught the Bug
You should start a build thread on here. I'd love to see what you've done. Sounds like you have a pretty sweet Jeep there.

Top Bottom