Rust

Zach_in_Black

The frame underneath is really intact and in good shape, but the jeep is a 97. Directly underneath the windshield is rusting out, along with the tops of the half doors and on the fenders right next to my fender flares. Anyone know how to make it stop/look better?
If not does anyone know a place I can just buy parts to swap in and out?

buckweil

The frame underneath is really intact and in good shape, but the jeep is a 97. Directly underneath the windshield is rusting out, along with the tops of the half doors and on the fenders right next to my fender flares. Anyone know how to make it stop/look better?
If not does anyone know a place I can just buy parts to swap in and out?
You could try a wire brush to get the surface rust off then spray paint it. I've done that to a few things on my 99. Also maybe a very fine sandpaper.

Worst Driver

Yea, its best to stop rust rather than covering it. It will spread and get worse specially in areas where salt is used to help melt snow.

Get a wire wheel/brush and if its only surface rust it'll clean right up. Then spray with a rust encapsulator of some kind. Spray used on bed liners, floor boards works too

Sent from my iPhone

MattAlpha

Caught the Bug
Por-15! Where's the mic drop!

Sent from my XT1080 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Just make sure that you use the POR-15 topcoat as well. Even the undercarriages I've used POR-15 became UV damaged after a couple of years. Hence the need to use their topcoat as well.

Also make sure you use their surface treatment (Metal Ready) after you bust the rust and before you apply the POR-15.

'07 JKUR ... mod'ing never stops...

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Just make sure that you use the POR-15 topcoat as well. Even the undercarriages I've used POR-15 became UV damaged after a couple of years. Hence the need to use their topcoat as well.

Also make sure you use their surface treatment (Metal Ready) after you bust the rust and before you apply the POR-15.

'07 JKUR ... mod'ing never stops...
I believe they recommend two different cleaners before before top coating

Sent from my XT1080 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom