Sunshades for JKU

bigmikesndtech

I have two Alienshade, one for just the front seats while the hardtop is on and bought one for all four seats this year to use with the new soft top. Have been very happy with them both so far, had one for about 3 years now, no fading or breakdown of the fabric that I can see, bungees still hold well. I don't get out with the Jeep all that often either so your mileage may very but for the money I'm plenty happy with the Alienshade.

Plus they include a sweet little alien to ride shotgun!

enfielded0405

I have an alienshade on my 2 door and like it. I run it under my soft top in the summer and don't have any issues.

Bungee balls work fine and I only pull and replace the foot mans loop one.

6ft 1" plenty of head room.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

You can't go wrong with Bartact. There is plenty of Head room and the lack of gaps was very important as my wife is a red head and therefore burns in a heartbeat. It does loosen up a little every now and then (really not that often) but all it takes is to pull on the strap in the middle of the drivers door. it fits just fine with a Soft Top. I just ran topless and door less for almost 2 months straight and it didn't loosen in that time at all. It makes going topless here in the heat do able (Today's feel's like is already 95)

Basscat

Spidershade kind of started all this and I've been quite satisfied with the ones I've had on both TJ and JKU. Does what it's intended to do. Keeps you from frying when you drop the soft top.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

jesse3638

Hooked
Going to bring this old thread back to life...haha

My DIY sunshade has seen better days. I happened to stumble upon the Rugged Ridge Eclispe Sun Shade on Amazon for about what it would cost me to make another DIY. I'm looking for feedback from anyone running this. Any info is great and I'm curious to hear people's experieice. Regardless I'll probably pull the trigger and try it out. I'm happy if it works as well as my homemade job. Thanks to everyone in advance.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Going to bring this old thread back to life...haha

My DIY sunshade has seen better days. I happened to stumble upon the Rugged Ridge Eclispe Sun Shade on Amazon for about what it would cost me to make another DIY. I'm looking for feedback from anyone running this. Any info is great and I'm curious to hear people's experieice. Regardless I'll probably pull the trigger and try it out. I'm happy if it works as well as my homemade job. Thanks to everyone in advance.

How much is it? I found my spiderweb shade on Facebook for $30. Was basically brand new.

jesse3638

Hooked
How much is it? I found my spiderweb shade on Facebook for $30. Was basically brand new.

$50 for brand new. That's about what I spent in materials when I made my own. Plus the time it took me. Hadn't thought to check the local classifieds.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
$50 for brand new. That's about what I spent in materials when I made my own. Plus the time it took me. Hadn't thought to check the local classifieds.

At that price for $10 more you could look at Alien shade or spiderweb which both sell now for $60ish. Just a thought.

Bierpower

Hooked
My neighbor was running the rugged ridge and loved it. My spider web shade flaps more in the wind than his did (he traded in the jeep) and it seemed pretty simple to install. He only had in for 6 months or so but it was decent.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using WAYALIFE mobile app

jesse3638

Hooked
My neighbor was running the rugged ridge and loved it. My spider web shade flaps more in the wind than his did (he traded in the jeep) and it seemed pretty simple to install. He only had in for 6 months or so but it was decent.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using WAYALIFE mobile app
Thanks for the info. I went ahead and bought it so I'll be sure to give my feed back on it once I get it. First I need to get the damn jeep stripped down. It's already way into summer and still have the hard top and doors on...haha.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:
Top Bottom