Superchips "Cannot Detect Ignition on"

Kapica

Okay I am stumped on this one. I have been doing research on this the past couple of days and cant seem to find a solution to this problem. A few weeks ago my Jeep was acting funny off-road (almost stalling out and its an auto). I came home and my check engine light came on (Later found it to be a rad leak). I decided it may be a good idea to take it into the dealer. Before doing that however i wanted to reset my superchips tune back to stock. When i went to do this the tune said "Cannot Detect Ignition on". I thought that was odd so first thing that came to mind was disconnect the battery. This made the engine light go away, but the tuner still wouldn't detect my ignition. I replaced my rad and thermostat so that took care of the engine light, But the superchip had me lost.

I ended up just dealing with it figuring maybe it would figure itself out over time... it didnt. So i did research and found my battery should be 12.8v or above in the run position. Battery was at 12.9 but for a double check i hooked it up to a battery charger. I also disconnected my winch and CB (only electrical mods). Still got the message. I called superchips and they told me the usually... make sure its in run position... battery volts... disconnecting extra electronics... but at the end they told me to try it on a friends rig. I did this and got passed the initializing screen and to the first step in the tune process! So now superchips has kinda decided its not the product. This is understandable, but i dont know what could be stopping my jeep ignition from detecting the superchip.

Any help would be appreciated! Just got 35s as well so i need to re-calibrate my tires, but it wont let me. Calling superchips again tomorrow.

WJCO

Meme King
Weird one. I would check all fuses and make sure battery terminals are clean. Based on what you're saying, it does sound like a voltage issue.

madstiles

Make sure there's no damage or issues with your obd port it might not be getting a connection other than that possibly something with your ignition switch just a guess though and not an educated one lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Kapica

Weird one. I would check all fuses and make sure battery terminals are clean. Based on what you're saying, it does sound like a voltage issue.

I'm going to check the fuses tonight and take a good look at my battery. I am pretty lost at this point! I have no other electrical issues besides this.

Kapica

Make sure there's no damage or issues with your obd port it might not be getting a connection other than that possibly something with your ignition switch just a guess though and not an educated one lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Everything seems to be okay down there at the plug, but ill definitely double check.

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
Superchips "Cannot Detect Ignition on"

Did you get the notice from Chrysler for extended warranty on your clockspring?

Kapica

Update on Jeep

So i took my Jeep in to the dealer today, told them my diagnostics reader wouldn't connect to my jeep. They took it back and said i have to replace my tipm-68244879AA.

Kapica

Solved

Okay just an update, TIPM was bad as well as one of the obdII wires. I had the wire fixed and installed Tipm myself to save 3 hours of labor. Everything works again!:wings:

Top Bottom