Painting advice on factory fender flares

cgar32

Just wanted your opinion on painting factory fender flares. Mine are started to fade and I would like to keep them black but not sure what paint to use? Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
Just wanted your opinion on painting factory fender flares. Mine are started to fade and I would like to keep them black but not sure what paint to use? Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

Try this, lay in on thick
IMG_4317.JPG

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
I have tried that before and it looks good for a couple of weeks..... I also tried the heat gun trick which made em even worse. I'm too cheap to buy new ones and I plan on cutting these up into flat fenders.

If you want to paint, I suggest Aev spray paint. You get nice lightly textured finish. I use it all the time. It's a little pricy for a spray can though.
IMG_4318.JPG

Last edited:

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
So I guess the next question would be paint for plastic or just regular auto paint?

You would need a paint for plastic if you use auto paint you have to prep the plastic with another product for it to adhere right

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I would also think paint for plastic, because the fenders are going to flex, and if the paint is too hard, it will crack and flake rather than moving with the fender :yup:

holliewood61

Boiled linseed oil will help bring the black out. I used the duplicolor spray on bed liner on my tj flares also on the bumpers and body cladding on my wj. It holds up very well and touches up easier than paint. It has a nice texture to it as well. If you ho this route be sure to get the bed liner in the blue can, not the bed armor in the black can. The black can is a rubbery, gooey, mess of a product that is almost impossible to get good results with.

Sent from my LGLS991 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom