Only 20lbs after a chalk test...

onebadtwo

Could this possibly be accurate??? I installed 35x12.50x15 STT Pros on 15x8.5 Bully Pros from Discount. After a chalking the tires and messing around with different pressures, it seems that 20lbs or possibly a little lower in the rear is giving me the most even wear. This seems crazy low... Im not getting any weird handling or anything. Should I just go with it?

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Could this possibly be accurate??? I installed 35x12.50x15 STT Pros on 15x8.5 Bully Pros from Discount. After a chalking the tires and messing around with different pressures, it seems that 20lbs or possibly a little lower in the rear is giving me the most even wear. This seems crazy low... Im not getting any weird handling or anything. Should I just go with it?

Due to the rim size and width it could very well be accurate. I know on my 16x8 wheels I had i ran 25-26 psi when I had 315's. when I went to 35r17 on a 9" wide wheel I was up to 28

jeffj

Caught the Bug
I would run 26-28 and rotate every 3000 and call it a day. 20 sounds a little low and if you rotate regularly the wear will work itself out

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

rumblebee3

Caught the Bug
I'm running 40x15.50r20 Nitto Mud Grapplers with 20x10 Rockstars on my truck and I'm running around 24-26 in the front and 22-24 in the rear. I thought this was insanely low until I realized that red was wearing evenly and I have over 40,000 on them. And I will tell you rotate rotate rotate! You will kick yourself in the ass like I am for not rotating properly.

Sent from my XT1585 using WAYALIFE mobile app

AdrockTT

It might be - I didn't check the load rating before posting. However, if you run low to flatten the contact patch for DD purposes, you may have small flex cracks in the larger lugs and sidewalls from this. My E rating 35s did that...which I ran at 24lbs.

Texas Nick

Caught the Bug
I would say if you do enough highway driving, to try and keep at at least 26+ psi. Im running 35-12.5/17 on stock rubi wheels, and when i would drop lower than 25-26 the jeep would just start wandering to much with such low psi. Just something to keep in mind.

John82601

On my 4cyl YJ w/ 35's the chalk test indicated 16fr/18rr. Seemed insanely low but mine is really light. I don't do any highway driving with it so that's where I've left it. Wear pattern looks great and the ride is helped out by the low pressures.

onebadtwo

Im glad to hear some of y'all have found similar low pressures to be appropriate. My little 2dr is probably not the lightest rig around, but its definitely not the heaviest rig out there. I just wish I hadn't pent the extra cash to install TPMS sensors... The lowest setting available with the ProCal is 22psi.

Hot94Z28

Im glad to hear some of y'all have found similar low pressures to be appropriate. My little 2dr is probably not the lightest rig around, but its definitely not the heaviest rig out there. I just wish I hadn't pent the extra cash to install TPMS sensors... The lowest setting available with the ProCal is 22psi.

The procal's lowest is 22? I have mine set to zero?

Top Bottom