ARIES fender install. The good and bad.

RUBEERCON

WLFR's

This is my best attempt at a write up, hope it helps.

Finally pulled the trigger on some flat tube fenders. I wanted to keep the weight down so I shopped all of the Aluminum tube fenders that were offered. I never could find any good write ups or info on the lower cost Aries fenders so I figured I would just gamble.

Bought online and the fenders arrived paired in boxes. Packed very well, could not ask for better packaging.
IMG_2476.jpg

IMG_2477.JPG

The fenders are built well, the welds could be more consistent, they look like they will hold.

The biggest issue I had with the fenders is that QC passed a fender through that had not been to the grinding station after the welders released it. The welds were humped high on a flat mounting surface.
The other 3 fenders had been sanded and polished to near perfection. I cleaned up the bad fender since it only took a few minutes of my time. A person that would not know better could have installed the fender but it would have stuck way out off the body.

Side by side comparison of the one with the issue and the one without.
IMG_2567.jpg

I own a Rivet nut gun that I use at my shop, I used it in the install instead of the nut/bolt installer they provide. I was also afraid of their hardware, it looked like the cheap soft stuff you get with cheap furniture. I grabbed some fastenal rivet nuts from my shop.
IMG_2566.jpg

IMG_2561.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

RUBEERCON

Sorry break in action phone was dying!

The fender mounting holes match the body's mounting holes nicely. No modifications required while bolting up the fenders.

If I just bolted the fenders up out the box I would have had a body gap on the front of the fenders. I used a few body tools, rubber mallet and a crescent wrench to modify the jeep and the front fenders. You have to lean the front fender tab over to match the body line. I also tapped in the jeep body to adapt to the fenders shape. No gap!
IMG_2573.jpg

IMG_2571.jpg

The top of the rear fenders does not come up high enough to match the body contour, nothing can be done here but it will be acceptable to most.
IMG_2893.jpg

I will answer any questions if you have an interest in the fenders. Overall I would buy them again but don't expect perfection. I could easily build the fenders in my shop but it would not be for 150.00 each. I think the Aries product is worth the asking price!

As far as durability I have not had them on long enough to see how that hold up to trees and rocks. Not sure why they come polished but I figured I would run the bare for awhile then go to paint or powder. Black or billet silver, not sure yet.
IMG_2579.jpg

IMG_2587.jpg

With the ACE liners. I recommend the ACE liners for anyone, simple and fit as they should!
IMG_2692.jpg

IMG_2693.jpg

IMG_2872.jpg

Area showing the modifications to tighten up the body gap. Electric tape on he tubes playing with powder options.
IMG_2869.jpg

Hope this helps anyone shopping for Aries. I would assume Gen Right and Poison bolt right up but you will have to spend more to buy them.

RUBEERCON

Lower front mounting tab comes from factory straight down not bent against body as shown.
IMG_2894.jpg

Good fit after a few modifications.
IMG_2895.jpg

No gaps on front fenders
IMG_2900.jpg

Gaps on rear fenders.
IMG_2901.jpg

Nice matching laser cut inner panels.
IMG_2898.jpg

IMG_2897.jpg

I'll update pics after I paint or powder.
Steve

Top Bottom