Only resident dickbags can call-out or say anything bad about someone else

JAGS

Hooked
Evo Tire Carrier Specs

thanks Benito - i agree, they look to be 2" bars. i'll call Evo to confirm.

it would have been great if those came up in my search. they definitely would have been MUCH more useful than this thread.

You know what would have been more useful than your post on this thread.....absolutely anything!!

Here's the thing, you should have just called EVO MFG in the first place. After all, you are a paying customer of theirs now, correct???

Please tell us more though about your high ethics and morals as you continue to put down others because they posted mean words.

Last edited:

snosrfr

You know what would have been more useful than this thread.....absolutely anything!!

Here's the thing, you should have just called EVO MFG in the first place. After all, you are a paying customer of theirs now, correct???

Please tell us more though about your high ethics and morals as you continue to put down others because they posted mean words.

so, your points are:

- don't come to this site looking for information, that's what the manufacturer is for
- don't call out a-holes for being a-holes

great - thanks!

WJCO

Meme King
so, your points are:

- don't come to this site looking for information, that's what the manufacturer is for

great - thanks!

His point was: don't be a douchebag. You've already missed that point. You came here to be a hero and made your mission statement on your first post.

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
it would have been great if those came up in my search. they definitely would have been MUCH more useful than this thread.

thanks for the link, Ddays - great info.

btw, i did search the forum which is how i landed on this gem of a thread...

Maybe search more or search better.

so, your points are:

great - thanks!

No, the point of this whole thread is don't ask for specs and then copy some bodies design. A point that some in this thread are too damn stupid to figure out. People here don't care about people building things. But damn, get a tape measure, have an idea, and start building.

Your fine to call people out for being a holes. That's why MTG replied in the first place. And several others. The part that you don't see because your new here is like every other day somebody is asking for specs on this or that because EVO is "too expensive" so they wanna copy their design. So again, grab a damn tape and start measuring and building. Don't just copy someone else's design.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

snosrfr

His point was: don't be a douchebag. You've already missed that point. You came here to be a hero and made your mission statement on your first post.

thanks for the correction and clarification, WJCO.

so, only resident dickbags can call-out or say anything bad about someone else (whether it's warranted or not)?

is it perhaps possible that it's not me that is being thin-skinned here?

WJCO

Meme King
thanks for the correction and clarification, WJCO.

so, only resident dickbags can call-out or say anything bad about someone else (whether it's warranted or not)?

is it perhaps possible that it's not me that is being thin-skinned here?

You came to this thread to start shit. Period. You know it as well as everyone else here.

snosrfr

Maybe search more or search better.

No, the point of this whole thread is don't ask for specs and then copy some bodies design. A point that some in this thread are too damn stupid to figure out. People here don't care about people building things. But damn, get a tape measure, have an idea, and start building.

Your fine to call people out for being a holes. That's why MTG replied in the first place. And several others. The part that you don't see because your new here is like every other day somebody is asking for specs on this or that because EVO is "too expensive" so they wanna copy their design. So again, grab a damn tape and start measuring and building. Don't just copy someone else's design.

the point of this thread, if i'm not mistaken, was a guy looking for some simple measurements.

the OP (and today myself) had already ordered the EVO tire carrier and were simply asking for bar lengths/diameters so that we could shop for accessories while we waited for the carriers to arrive. instead of inquiring what specs he was looking for, or asking what his purpose for the specs was, MTG went off on him and that started the whole spiraling cascade.

Ddays

Hooked
the point of this thread, if i'm not mistaken, was a guy looking for some simple measurements.

the OP (and today myself) had already ordered the EVO tire carrier and were simply asking for bar lengths/diameters so that we could shop for accessories while we waited for the carriers to arrive. instead of inquiring what specs he was looking for, or asking what his purpose for the specs was, MTG went off on him and that started the whole spiraling cascade.

Dude, stop. You got your answer. Quit throwing gas on the goddam fire.

snosrfr

You came to this thread to start shit. Period. You know it as well as everyone else here.

you are simply wrong. i came to this thread looking for information.

if you truly think that anyone asking for measurements for a tire carrier, secretly has a fab shop and is looking to pirate their own, AND, anyone who calls out people for acting like a-holes to new members when it is completely unwarranted is simply looking to "start some shit", then your conclusions are delusional.

also, pulling my comments from that thread while leaving the other caustic responses to the OP's question only proves that you should NOT be a moderator on this site.

TrainWreck618

Caught the Bug

if you truly think that anyone asking for measurements for a tire carrier, secretly has a fab shop and is looking to pirate their own, AND, anyone who calls out people for acting like a-holes to new members when it is completely unwarranted is simply looking to "start some shit", then your conclusions are delusional.

also, pulling my comments from that thread while leaving the other caustic responses to the OP's question only proves that you should NOT be a moderator on this site.

Tell us more about how things should be done here.. we're all ears..

Sharkey

Word Ninja

Perhaps some of the newer members will benefit from the context of MTG's first post. On more than one occasion newbies have posted up very similar questions only to ultimately reveal their intentions to make "their own" version of the same product. Usually there is a song and dance about "built not bought" or they "can't justify spending what EVO charges".

In any event, most of us here don't take too kindly to knock-offs. Build something new, or pay someone else for their innovation. People who make knock-offs (even just for themselves) suck donkey dick in my book.

That's my 2 cents. If that wasn't what the OP was doing then great...I'm sure he will love his new EVO carrier.

I'm still waiting for you to explain why my post was so offensive to your delicate sensibilities.

WJCO

Meme King

If you truly came for info, you could have easily made your post this:

i came to this thread by doing a google search for 'Evo tire carrier + bar size' as i too ordered the carrier and was looking to mount accessories, and trying to research this while it was en route.

And you could have left THIS out of it all together:

the very first response was so completely out-of-line, that i nearly responded directly to MTG (bully cunts need to be put down), but then saw sharkey and piginajeep jump in and take the thread full-on-retard.

it was good to see several members jump in and put these dickbags in their place, but i was let down to see someone from EVO (Drew) comment only on the silliness of the thread without bothering to address the OP's question. i love EVO products, but their product documentation is pretty skimpy, and it would have been great to see them step-up and starve the trolls by simply providing the requested, non-proprietary information.

what i don't understand is why the admins allow this to persist? this just creates a toxic environment, and people eventually just stay away to avoid these d-bags...

^This was your first post ever here and you resurrected an old thread to do so, so yes, you were attempting to start shit, which you succeeded to do, which is why, I, a moderator, moved your posts into the off-topic area after YOU took the other thread off topic. Of course, my conclusions are delusional to you, so you likely won't grasp any of this.

Top Bottom