Relocation bracket / ebrake line rubbing together

aermid

Was noticing a new click clack under the Jeep today so checked it out when I got home. Needed to tighten down my passenger rear sway bar, nbd. Decided to do a more thorough check of other bolts and noticed this:
9A6CB116-D267-4C6C-81D5-C62BA26C5BAD.JPG

My lift's rear trackbar relocation bracket (Rock Krawler 2.5 Flex) eating into the protection sleeve (not sure what the official name of that thing is) of my drive side ebrake cable. Luckily it looks like the cable is fine. I drive a manual so I use the ebrake as well as leaving it in gear when parked.

I ended up surrounding the bolt with some extra door trim padding I had laying around and gorilla tapped the crap out of everything so the metal bolt couldn't dig into it any more and covered up the damaged sleeve, but need to think of a more permanent solution.

3AC5E852-4347-474C-9EC3-A8DAEE0FA11F.JPG

--Erin

jeeeep

Hooked
Can you flip the bolt?
how about a pic of the entire track bar bracket to see how it's mounted on

jesse3638

Hooked
There should be a cable inside that protection sleeve (just like the rest of the cable outside of that sleeve). Its just foam and I doubt if it rubs through it'll hurt anything. I have a spot like this too and hasn't caused any problems. I'd still flip the bolt if possible.

Last edited:

aermid

Can you flip the bolt?
how about a pic of the entire track bar bracket to see how it's mounted on

Here's a better picture. Can't flip it. I think there might some rubber bolt caps I think that might work. Figured this weekend to wonder around Home Depot to see if I could find a rubber stopper or cap that could work. I just ended up covering both bolts for the time being but this is seriously temp ghetto for sure :)

IMG_8657.JPG

IMG_8658.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
Here's a better picture. Can't flip it. I think there might some rubber bolt caps I think that might work. Figured this weekend to wonder around Home Depot to see if I could find a rubber stopper or cap that could work. I just ended up covering both bolts for the time being but this is seriously temp ghetto for sure :)

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Why don't you have the bracket welded on and then lose the ubolt completely.

jeeeep

Hooked
Go to your local muffler shop and have them weld that bracket on and lose the bolts.
I use my local muffler shop to do quite a bit of welding like that for me they're cheap

Last edited:
Top Bottom