Body rake and leveling question

Mark85383

I measured the wheel well front and back. The back is only 1/8th inch higher than the front. I was considering the 1 inch lift kit but now concerned that the front will end up an inch higher than the rear. I have a new Rubicon 18/58 springs. Is the raked front not seen on all JKs?

2017 JKUR

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
That I'm aware of, rake is present on all JKs. So many factors can play into your measurements. As an example, most, if not all JKs lean depending on how much fuel is in them. Depending on what side you measure from and how much it's leaning at the time, you could get a different measurement. I honestly wouldn't overthink it. If you want a leveling kit, go for it. The leveling kit will remove rake and give you a slightly taller and more aggressive look.

Here is my current rig with stock wheels and tires, and the Teraflex leveling kit. Hope this helps some!

IMG_4831.jpg
IMG_2626.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I measured the wheel well front and back. The back is only 1/8th inch higher than the front. I was considering the 1 inch lift kit but now concerned that the front will end up an inch higher than the rear. I have a new Rubicon 18/58 springs. Is the raked front not seen on all JKs?

2017 JKUR

ALL vehicles have a rake and in my opinion, a leveling kit WILL make a JK look ass low. Of course, that's just my opinion.

gheller

I agree, I think there is rake on all JKs but perhaps some more extreme than others depending on the springs.
I have a 2017 (17/59 springs) and there was what I considered to be a slight take from factory. I installed a 3/4" leveling puck and that leveled it fine (to the eye anyway). I since installed an AEV 2" spacer lift which applies a 3/4" level overall and it measured level.

If your seeing that your rake is mild a 1" level puck might be too much. Go with a 3/4" puck if that's all you want to do.

Sent from Earth to Space and back...can ya give it a second!? WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom