LJ springs on a JK

HogBlock

I have a friend who rolled his LJ and has bought it back from the insurance company. Anyways, he had a 6" Skyjacker lift on it but is going to start over and make a buggie out of it. So I can have the springs for free if I help him pull the axles. I know the rear springs don't set quite the same on the axle as the jk but I can work around that. I know the fronts will work, I was just wondering if you guys felt it was worth it. I already have a 3" TerraFlex ( I know dirty word here) but I would like to go a little taller. Thanks for any help.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Benito

Caught the Bug
I guess it's worth a shot to try, but 6" is a lot of lift, that's probably why your friend rolled his Jeep.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Guess it depends on whether or not you have a 2-door or a 4-door. A 4-door is considerably heavier than an LJ and the 6" of lift his coils provided may not do a whole lot more for you than the 3" TeraFlex coils you have now and of which most likely provide well over 4" of lift. Of course, in my opinion, that's way too much lift as it is.

HogBlock

Guess it depends on whether or not you have a 2-door or a 4-door. A 4-door is considerably heavier than an LJ and the 6" of lift his coils provided may not do a whole lot more for you than the 3" TeraFlex coils you have now and of which most likely provide well over 4" of lift. Of course, in my opinion, that's way too much lift as it is.

I do have a 4dr, but when I looked up the weight of the LJ and the JKU I think it was less than 1,000lbs.
And my TeraFlex coils are 2.5 inch for a 2dr ( remember I have a 4dr ) but I got the coils brand new for $100 bucks and had to use 1" spacers to get it up more.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

Draconianwinter

I will have to agree with Eddie. 4DR OR NOT a 6 inch lift is way to much and depending on your set up and the spring rates could go over that by a bit. The lower you can keep her the better of you are in terms of stability.

sent from your basement

Top Bottom