Anyone else's King shocks look like this?

eazy

The main shock body has turned a dark color, unlike the reservoir. This only happened on my rear shocks. I've tried cleaning them with no luck at all. Anyone know what would cause this?

I live in Florida, so we don't have any salted roads.

IMG_20170422_132644.jpg
IMG_20170422_132631.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6P using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Just looks a bit dirty and in needed of a cleaning. Here's a shot of my coil overs and bypass shocks before cleaning them up.
20170212110310-6de009e4-me.jpg

And, here's what they looked like after.
20170212110302-f84feb3a.jpg

Jackal01

I cleaned mine with Mothers aluminium polish and a Maguires polishing ball, the red one that attaches to a drill. I don't have pics but the before and after pics were just like Eddies. I did the same to my chamber pros. Worked very well.

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Bigjimbo

Just looks a bit dirty and in needed of a cleaning. Here's a shot of my coil overs and bypass shocks before cleaning them up.
20170212110310-6de009e4-me.jpg

And, here's what they looked like after.
20170212110302-f84feb3a.jpg
She does an amazing job. I still can't believe the magic she performed on Jane's wheels. [emoji106]

Ddays

Hooked
View attachment 254687 this after 6 months in nyc.

Sent from my SM-G935T using WAYALIFE mobile app

That's a bitch. Really the only way to keep polished aluminum in decent shape over here is to apply some kind of protectant. Clearcoat, sharkhide, anything. And then you have to get that goddam road salt off right away or that's what you end up dealing with. Once its pitted that bad sanding down and re-polishing is the only thing that will bring the smooth finish back. :icon_crazy:

zimm

Caught the Bug
:icon_crazy:

I'm going to paint them rustoleum gloss clear before I install mine and see if that helps.

eazy

I emailed King. They said the reservoir is aluminum and the main cylinder is steel, they going through different plating processes, and that is why the finish is reacting differently. They did not offer any suggestions on how to clean them though.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
Those look great. I used some of that stuff on a stainless revolver and it worked as well. Good stuff.

Top Bottom