Cant take it anymore!!! Please help

skidog74

OK... I've done it all except swap out ECM/ECU... I have a brand new Power Torque 4.0L in-line 6cyl engine (500 miles). New transmission
AX-15 (500 miles). I also have recently replaced the following with brand new parts: plugs, wires, distributor, distributor cap, rotor bug, battery (red top), alternator, starter, fuel pump, fuel filter, and crank sensor. I have checked all fuses and relays and are all good.

I have been told the following could be wrong with it: ignition switch module, ecm/ecu, grounds, auto shutoff relay.

My 95' Wrangler YJ has had zero issues for the last 500 miles (since engine and trans swap). All of the sudden I pull in garage, and go to start next day and it would only crank and crank... uggghhhh. Popped hood, and saw that the positive winch wire was not connected to the battery. I hooked it up and BOOOOM, were off. She started right up.... Until the next day, I went to start again and crank and crank and crank... WTF!! Pop the hood, and look around again and found that the crank shaft sensor was loose. So I replaced it and tightened it up. All good right? NOPE! Just crank and crank and crank... I rerouted and examined all wires and grounds... All good...

I have fire, have fuel to the fuel rail, hear fuel pump kick on each time. the one issue I hear/see is each time I turn ignition on (just before I crank it), I hear/feel the auto shutoff relay activate. Why would auto shutoff relay keep tripping?

PT1400

The relay could be weak and plain worn out. Swap the relay for another in the power distribution box and see if the problem moves to the other circuit. If it does the relay is bad and needs replaced.

If you don't have one, pick up a Haynes or Chilton's manual. Try to get a YJ specific one. Look at the wire diagrams in the back and trace out the circuit that connects to the relay. There is a sensor or switch causing the relay to trip.

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet K1 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom