Adjustable control arm question

JeepJeep75

Recently I was helping a friend, (M_savage) fill up his new-to-him XD60. We weren't really sure at first how much oil to put in and how. We filled the main chamber, (large fill hole) then filled the smaller chamber, (through the smaller, front fill hole) until oil just started coming out the main hole. At first it didn't make any sense, but as we soon figured out, you fill the main, then fill the smaller front sump until it overflows into the main sump. It doesn't seem right until you realize that the smaller sump pours into the bigger sump. Not the other way around. We learned a lot that night. [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Recently I was helping a friend, (M_savage) fill up his new-to-him XD60. We weren't really sure at first how much oil to put in and how. We filled the main chamber, (large fill hole) then filled the smaller chamber, (through the smaller, front fill hole) until oil just started coming out the main hole. At first it didn't make any sense, but as we soon figured out, you fill the main, then fill the smaller front sump until it overflows into the main sump. It doesn't seem right until you realize that the smaller sump pours into the bigger sump. Not the other way around. We learned a lot that night. [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Yep, you want to fill the pinion sump through the port on top first and then fill the main diff after.

Top Bottom