Help me choose my new half/tube doors!

zimm

Caught the Bug
When I'm ready to buy half doors, I'm going with Rancho tube doors, spiderwebshade mesh, and OEM style mirrors. The last time I looked, spiderwebshade sells them with the rancho doors as a set.

Rancho

Caught the Bug
Another vote for Rancho!!
:)
I bet that voted didn't surprise you!!

IMG_20160708_134735542_zpsjal0mjjr.jpg

And you mentioned a budget... these will break it.
Savvy half doors
Ha!!!

IMG_20160518_143104266_zpsrtkenww1.jpg

Napalm

Don't get the besttop soft doors. They are extremely hard to get molded to the door jam and they never seat right. I used mine maybe all of 3 times before I gave up on them and they have been in the basement ever since.

Do as eddie mentioned and get the bestop tube doors that way you can add the skins on at a later date and have them color matched.

Steve were your issues with the uppers or the lower parts of the soft doors? I'm reading a lot of reviews and it seems like people have a lot of trouble with the uppers but not so much with the lowers. I appreciate your honesty!

Another vote for Rancho!!
:)
I bet that voted didn't surprise you!!

IMG_20160708_134735542_zpsjal0mjjr.jpg

And you mentioned a budget... these will break it.
Savvy half doors
Ha!!!

IMG_20160518_143104266_zpsrtkenww1.jpg

Tell me about it, I love the Rancho tube doors! They are slightly over my budget, but, that doesn't mean I won't be able to try and expand it a little more. We will see! Thanks for the surprising recommendation :)

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Steve were your issues with the uppers or the lower parts of the soft doors? I'm reading a lot of reviews and it seems like people have a lot of trouble with the uppers but not so much with the lowers. I appreciate your honesty!

I could never get the doors to form to the door jam no matter how hard I tried. This goes for both the upper and lowers. The uppers were just a pain in the ass. The two times I had the uppers on it just so happened to be down pouring rain while I was on the highway. Well doing 75 or even slower than the speed limit at 55 the upper got pulled away from the jam allowing me to just get drenched. I probably would have been better with them not in at all.

In reality I bet if I tried harder now I could get them to fit better but I just don't feel like messing with them. Gonna make the bottoms into my own steel doors someday and then at that point try and make the uppers fit better

Napalm

After more research, the SmittyBilt's have been removed from the list and eliminated from the cage match! The Rancho Tube doors have replaced them as a finalist :)

I could never get the doors to form to the door jam no matter how hard I tried. This goes for both the upper and lowers. The uppers were just a pain in the ass. The two times I had the uppers on it just so happened to be down pouring rain while I was on the highway. Well doing 75 or even slower than the speed limit at 55 the upper got pulled away from the jam allowing me to just get drenched. I probably would have been better with them not in at all.

In reality I bet if I tried harder now I could get them to fit better but I just don't feel like messing with them. Gonna make the bottoms into my own steel doors someday and then at that point try and make the uppers fit better

I see. I've read a lot of negative stuff about the uppers but people seem to have decent reviews/luck with the bottoms.

Rancho

Caught the Bug
Yes!!
USA! USA!!!
(That's were ours are made, in Long Beach CA exactly)
:beer:

After more research, the SmittyBilt's have been removed from the list and eliminated from the cage match! The Rancho Tube doors have replaced them as a finalist :)

I see. I've read a lot of negative stuff about the uppers but people seem to have decent reviews/luck with the bottoms.

Rancho

Caught the Bug
Ours do not have a lock.
We have a bolt that we include that is a royal PITA to install, so a deterrence.
I have an e-mail into Tuffy to see if their locks will work with ours, 99% they do.

LoL, that's a big deal for me but most USA made Tube doors are out of my budget!

One thing about your Tube doors, are they able to lock? Thanks!

RedSheep

assuming the locks would be to keep someone from stealing the doors themselves (or simply so you could tell the INS co yea it was locked), as I don't see how having them would keep anyone out of the jeep???

Texas Nick

Caught the Bug
assuming the locks would be to keep someone from stealing the doors themselves (or simply so you could tell the INS co yea it was locked), as I don't see how having them would keep anyone out of the jeep???

You have tube doors, they aren't meant to keep ANYONE out of your Jeep. They're strictly talking about actually being able to lock to tube doors to the mounting points on the body panel.

Napalm

I appreciate everyone's opinions and help making this decision but a winner has been chosen! It is...

The Rancho RockGear Tube doors!
IMG_2628.JPG

Can't go wrong with a sturdy, USA made product. Plus, it's great that they are a supporting vendor. I love the option of the added in spiderwebshades which I'll be able to afford at a later date, but it looks like after many reviews I can't go wrong with this door for now or in the long run.

Thanks for everyone's help! Now to save a little for them and hope to get them ordered within the next 30 days. Steel is ready for them now!
IMG_2630.jpg

Rancho

Caught the Bug
Yes!!! And thank you!!!
When you go to install them PM or update this thread.
Basically I want to make sure you mount the rubber mount securely/properly to insure a rattle free experience.

Rancho_bumper_zps78c00f1e.jpg

trailraider

Yes!!! And thank you!!!
Basically I want to make sure you mount the rubber mount securely/properly to insure a rattle free experience.

do you have a cover/skin attached to your door?

is it a Rancho cover?

Rancho

Caught the Bug
It is the Spider Web Shade. Kind of funny, my marketing manager was talking about the prototype skins we made that never made it past one set out in Moab a couple of weeks ago...

do you have a cover/skin attached to your door?

is it a Rancho cover?

Last edited:

Napalm

Yes!!! And thank you!!!

Will d! Weird question... but how come some of the Rancho doors I'm seeing come with a Rancho Badge just above the handle and some of them do not? My OCD forces me to notice these things...

Let me know if you like them, I might get a pair my self

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Will do. Should be before June.

AZ Explorer

Caught the Bug
Glad you made the decision. I think you will be as happy as any of us who have them already. It is nice that the skins can be added later to off set immediate cost expenditure. It also gives you time to decide on a color and then change your mind a few times before buying. Excited for you and looking forward to the pics once you have them.

Napalm

Glad you made the decision. I think you will be as happy as any of us who have them already. It is nice that the skins can be added later to off set immediate cost expenditure. It also gives you time to decide on a color and then change your mind a few times before buying. Excited for you and looking forward to the pics once you have them.

Thanks! I sent you a PM with a question about the doors.

Top Bottom