Anyone wheeling Washington

BABOOZLE

Caught the Bug
Just got back from that area today. Had to leave two vehicles in Ellensburg. One with a broken axle and one with a broken transfer case. I'm on my way back there now to grab one of them. I'll update later with trail conditions. IMG_4398.jpg IMG_4390.jpg IMG_4330.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Strodinator

Caught the Bug
Just got back from that area today. Had to leave two vehicles in Ellensburg. One with a broken axle and one with a broken transfer case. I'm on my way back there now to grab one of them. I'll update later with trail conditions. View attachment 258082 View attachment 258083 View attachment 258084

How was it when you were just there? I'm starting in Carson and probably won't get past Ellensburg.

Sent from my Life One X2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

prionic1

Damn... that's some broken parts right there. Funny you guys are talking about the WABDR as I just found out about that a week or two ago and am all amped up about wanting to drive the thing. I'd love to work myself up to being ready AND ABLE to do the whole thing. Pretty noobish at this stuff though, so I'm down to go out and learn some baby steps.

Strodinator

Caught the Bug
Man way to dig up a wayy old thread, honestly it's more of a nice drive. nothing too hard trail wise.
Damn... that's some broken parts right there. Funny you guys are talking about the WABDR as I just found out about that a week or two ago and am all amped up about wanting to drive the thing. I'd love to work myself up to being ready AND ABLE to do the whole thing. Pretty noobish at this stuff though, so I'm down to go out and learn some baby steps.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

prionic1

ah yeah. im digging though threads looking for folks local to me ad trying to get into some of the things that have happened, the experiences relating to them, and hopefully build some relationships and go out exploring this wonderful area.

prionic1

Oh man that sounds pretty enticing. I’m wondering though if completely stock rubicon with next to nothing for recovery gear would get along with your ideas of an adventure. I’m certainly not afraid of wheeling a new vehicle, but also don’t want to break it being the noob I am.

BABOOZLE

Caught the Bug
Oh man that sounds pretty enticing. I’m wondering though if completely stock rubicon with next to nothing for recovery gear would get along with your ideas of an adventure. I’m certainly not afraid of wheeling a new vehicle, but also don’t want to break it being the noob I am.

Tahuya out near Belfair would be a great place for you to go. Lots of trails with an easy to moderate difficulty rating. There's also some harder stuff out there if you're up to it. Lets you learn your vehicle and hone your skills. Walker Valley isn't bad. It's up near Mount Vernon. There's plenty of trails that you could do. I would avoid Elbe and Evan's Creek. Lots of bigger stuff with potential body damage. Especially if you have some smaller tires. Your Rubicon is already extremely capable. You just need to get out and have fun and see what the jeep can do. Once you become limited on something then upgrade.

prionic1

yeah that’s kinda the idea i’ve got. well, once I become limited, I’ll know my limits until I have the funds to upgrade. LoL But I think realistically I should focus on skills with the current build and put available funds into recovery gear and necessary tools and such.

I would guess recovery skills and winching is just as important as knowing how to pick good lines.

My noob guess anyhow after watching lot of 4wdAction and other vids on youtube.

Would you guys be interested in going to Tahuya?

prionic1

It’s about 1.5 hrs away from me. 75 miles. not too bad. I’d more than likely be bringing my two young boys with me, but that’s not set in stone. It would be good to instill the love of wheeling early. [emoji4]

prionic1

Sounds great folks. Also, is it required to have a radio of some sort? I don’t have anything in the jeep and just have a couple handheld motorolas.

I’ve been looking in CBs recently though as I think it may be necessary if I’m going to be involved in group activities.

I don’t really know much about them. I do have a dual band vhf/uhf radio, but really have no idea how to use it, so it’s mostly useless to me and can’t talk to cbs with it anyway.

Top Bottom