Hello from a Sceep owner!

MacManInfi

That's cool as shit! :thumb:

Do you have any build pics of this? I'd love to see the progression of this one. Did you have to shorten the frame at all? What about the track width? Was it the same as the Wrangler?

Yeah, I used to have a ton of build pics going back to 2012. Can start a build thread if people are interested.

Actually I had to increase the wheelbase of the Jeep chassis by five inches to match the wheel arches of the Scout. Fortunately I found a long arm extended wheelbase coilover kit that was designed to increase the Jeep wheelbase by 8 inches. All I did was mount the long arm mounting brackets three inches forward of where I was supposed to and I got my five inch extension.

The Wrangler axles are wider than the original Scout axles, so the tires stick out a lot more. I added the flares to try to cover some of the difference.

MacManInfi

That is such a great fit between the jeep chassis and the scout body!!! Amazing work you have done! Curious how you register the Sceep with the DMV. Is it registered as a Scout or a Jeep? Badass rig for sure!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I owned the Scout and drove it for a while before starting the conversion, so it was already registered as a 1969 International Scout. California wants you the registration to match what the vehicle looks like though, regardless of what's underneath, so even if this was a brand new build, you'd still want to register it as a Scout. If it looks like a Scout, it should be registered as a Scout. Works out well. I get modern functionality but also have the flexibility to do a motor swap if I want without any hassle. That said, it does still have cats, O2 sensors, fuel tank pressure release solenoids, etc. so it runs clean.

Amrth

Hi all! I'm a long time lurker as I have been building a Jeep (sort of!) for a number of years. Actually it's a 1969 International Scout on a 2009 Jeep Rubicon chassis with a supercharged LS and 6L80E transmission swap. A buddy of mine called it a "Sceep", half Scout, half Jeep, and the name stuck.

Welcome Aboard :beer: Awesome build :eek:

Top Bottom